Our M.S. in Financial Planning degree requires students to successfully complete a program comprised of 12, three-credit hour courses (totaling 36 credits).
Want to earn your CFP®?
Take eight core financial planning courses along with four business courses.
Already have your CFP®?
Take four business courses along with eight financial planning courses.
Core FP Courses
- Financial Principles and Policies
- Investment & Portfolio Management
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Tax Management & Strategy
- Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Principles of Estate Planning
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
Advanced FP Courses
- Psychological and Cultural Dynamics of Communication and Persuasion
- Retirement Income Planning
- Financial Planning for Small and Family Businesses
- Social Psychology of Leading Clients
- Applied Research in Financial Planning
- Financial Counseling
- Strategic Financial Analysis
- Behavioral Finance
- Macroeconomics for Investments
- Strategic Decision Making
- Ethical Behaviors in Financial Planning
- FinTech in Financial Planning
- Enterprise Management Organization & Strategy
The CFP® Board is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization that requires education,
ethics requirements, examination, and experience for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
certificants. Along with completing the financial planning coursework and passing
the CFP® Certification Examination, the CFP® Board also requires successful CFP® certificants
to have financial planning-related work experience and adhere to their Code of Ethics
and Professional Responsibility.
The M.S. in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.
The MS program in Financial Planning is registered by the AFCPE® Registered Education Program in Westerville, OH. Candidates who plan to sit for the AFC® Certification Examination must successfully complete a AFCPE® Registered Education Program.