How to Apply
More information on our application deadlines, admission process, and credential requirements to enter the program.
*This program is not eligible for international students.
|Fall Term||July 1|
|Summer Term||March 15|
For Cal Lutheran undergraduate students with foundation courses completed, the Priority Application Deadline for the Fall Term is May 1.
- Call to schedule a Graduate Program Advisement at (805) 493-3325
- Complete the online application at CalLutheran.edu/apply
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms
- California Teaching Commission (CTC) issued certificate, permit or credential
- Personal Statement
- $30.00 online application fee
- Official Transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university verifying
the applicant’s bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an acceptable GPA and from all
colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts must be ordered and sent directly to Cal Lutheran via certified
e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcript if available at your institution.
If a selection list is available, please choose: California Lutheran University.
Otherwise, please enter the following email address: clugrad@CalLutheran.edu.
California Lutheran University
60 West Olsen Road #2200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
Admission decisions for regular graduate standing are based on a review of the materials included in the candidate's file upon applying to the program. The admission process, once all requirements are submitted, generally takes no more than two weeks.
To enter the program, the following documents need to be brought to your required advisement with the credential analyst within two weeks of receiving your admission letter. This advisement is to ensure that you are on track to meeting all the CTC requirements.
- Current negative TB test
- Verification of CBEST registration or passing of Basic Skills Requirement
- Verification of CSET registration (minimum one subtest) or passing of Subject Matter