"4 to Finish" Guarantee

4 to Finish IconCal Lutheran's "4 To Finish" Graduation Guarantee Program is designed to assist students in a timely four-year graduation.  Students will not only have an opportunity to enter graduate school or get started in their careers earlier, but also keep costs to a minimum, stay on track academically and achieve their goals!

Cal Lutheran ensures that students who follow the graduation guarantee guidelines will receive registration priority and obtain classes to graduate with their bachelor's degree on time.  If you cannot complete your degree in four years under this agreement, we will pick up the cost of your tuition for each additional class required for graduation.

How do I qualify?

The 4 To Finish Graduation Guarantee Program is open to all full-time undergraduates.  

How do I enroll?

Submit your signed graduation guarantee agreement form to the Registrar's Office by the end of the first month after matriculation. 

Are transfer students eligible for this program?

We want transfer students to finish in less than four years. Please visit our transfer student page to review graduation requirements for transfer students.

When do I need to declare a major?

Declare a major by the end of the third semester after enrolling at Cal Lutheran.  Science and Liberal Studies majors need to declare a major in the first semester.  If a student chooses to change majors after the third semester, the student must ensure the requirements of the new major will still be completed in four years.  The guarantee will only cover completion of a single major in a single degree.

What must I do to graduate in four years?

Students will meet with their faculty advisor at least once per semester to review and approve his or her academic plan. The plan will cover at least two school years and be completed using the academic planning function in the student portal called Self-Service.

What if a required class is unavailable?

Notify the evaluator in the Registrar's Office prior to the beginning of classes in any semester if it appears that graduation may be delayed due to course unavailability.

Do I need to take summer classes?

Summer classes can be helpful to facilitate graduation in four years, but it is not a requirement.

What if I meet the requirements but cannot graduate in four years?

If timely graduation is delayed due to course unavailability, Cal Lutheran may substitute an alternative course.  If substitution is not possible, Cal Lutheran will develop a reasonable academic alternative.  If there is no other alternative, Cal Lutheran will waive tuition and any mandatory fees for the course(s) in the next academic year.


For more information call the Admissions Office at 805-493-3135 or send an email to admissions@CalLutheran.edu.