M.S. in Management Next Steps

Domestic Students
New Student Orientation

November 24, 2020

View on map

Orientation Schedule

 4:30-5:00 pm - Optional Campus Tour:  Join in on an optional tour around the main Thousand Oaks campus (Tour will embark from patio, in front of Starbucks)

5:00-5:30 pm - Meet & Greet: Get a chance to meet and talk with Dean Apfelthaler, your Program Director, Advisor, or Program Support Staff and faculty members

5:30-6:15 pm - Cal Lutheran and SOM Orientation: learn everything from parking to probation... The orientation will cover both general Cal Lutheran information, and School of Management graduate policies and procedures

6:15-7:00 pm - Program Specific Orientation: Program Support Staff will go over everything you need to know about your program, come with questions!

The SOM requires orientation attendance because we sincerely feel the information you obtain at the orientation will aid in your success.

Though we know we will see you all there, as there are many variables, please RSVP to Emily Yamamoto eyamamoto@callutheran.edu or 805-493-3340 to confirm your attendance.

Master Promissory Note

All students are required to submit a Master Promissory Note prior to registration. You will be prompted to enter your MyCLU username and password.

Submit your note

Registration dates are listed on the Registrar's Academic Calendars.

How to register for classes:
  1. Log in to MyCLU
  2. Select the Web Advisor tab
  3. Go to Students
  4. Choose the Register for Sections option under Registration
  5. Now Search and register for sections
  6. Follow these instructions to complete your registration.

If you need to take Foundation or Prerequisite courses, you may need to work with your admission counselor to register. 

If you are provisionally admitted, you will need to work with your admission counselor to register.


Admission Counselor Email Phone
 Kathi Jo Spaulding   kjspauld@callutheran.edu  805-493-3389
Financial Aid

File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at least 60 days before the beginning of your intended start term. (Cal Lutheran's School Code is 001133.)

Follow these steps to complete the financial aid process.

You must submit the online Master Promissory Note as well. (**The student account MPN is not the same as your federal loan MPN)

Payment Arrangements

Make arrangements for tuition payment with the Student Accounts Office.

  • You will be billed each term for registered courses and fees. Tuition is due at the beginning of each term.
  • Arrange for full payment of tuition and fees, or sign up for a payment plan. (See payment options.)
How to view your bill:
  1. Log in to MyCLU
  2. Select the Web Advisor tab
  3. Go to Students
  4. Choose the Pre-bill option under Student Accounts
  5. Select your term
  6. Choose Graduate for Student Type
  7. Hit Submit
Employer Reimbursement

If you are receiving tuition reimbursement from your employer, you may delay payment for up to five weeks after the last day of the term. Apply for employer reimbursement »

If you have any questions, contact:

Student Accounts Office
60 West Olsen Road #1220
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Phone: 805-493-3173
Fax: 805-493-3886

Schedules and Calendars

Updated course schedules, calendars, and planners are available through the Registrar. View schedules »

Student ID and Parking
Student ID

Get your Student ID card at the Office of Campus Safety at the Thousand Oaks campus. This card is used for access to the Oxnard and Woodland Hills Centers, library, Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center, school activities, and off-campus discounts.


Parking is free. However, parking on the Thousand Oaks campus requires a permit.

Parking permits are good for one year. To obtain a permit, visit Campus Safety. You may also register online. For more information, contact 805-493-3208.

Program Contact Information

Schedule your meeting with the program manager to develop your education plan.

Name Email Phone
Erica Charlson echarlson@callutheran.edu 805-493-3664
4+1 Students

Congratulations on being admitted to the 4+1 Program! All of your next steps are listed here. If you have any questions, please contact us.

As part of the 4+1 Program, you will be allowed to take up to 9 credits of coursework during your senior year as a provisionally admitted graduate student.

Graduate classes can be taken in the Fall and Spring Terms only.

Each semester, you must be registered for at least 12 credits of undergraduate coursework and not exceed 18 total credits of coursework, including your graduate classes.

To register for graduate classes:
  1. Download the Add Course Slip (PDF).
  2. Download the Permission to Take Graduate Courses Form. The Graduate Program Director must sign this form.
  3. Submit both completed forms to the Registrar’s office for registration.

Once your undergraduate degree has been posted, please contact the Graduate Admission Office so that we can move you to regular admission in your graduate program.