Welcome to the ALLIES in STEM Center!
We offer learning opportunities to support all students in STEM majors and classes, including tutoring, mentoring, advising, and workshops.
Students who go through our STEM Academy are designated as STEM Scholars, and have access to even more services including paid academic leadership positions, faculty-mentored research positions, paid internships and professional development opportunities, community identity building, and student service programs designed to improve academic success, retain students, and move them rapidly towards program completion.
We invite all students to the ALLIES in STEM Center on campus, where our services are designed to meet the unique needs of STEM students!
Virtual Platform Updates
As you all know by now, Cal Lutheran has decided to move to online learning for the rest of Spring 2020 semester.
- Due to the transition to a Virtual Platform, we are going to have to cancel/postpone some of the Spring 2020 events.
- Academic Mindset Development (AMD) Workshops will be pre-recorded by their presenters and we will post them online for you to watch on your own time.
- This will all have to go online.
- Any student interested in tutoring from our ALLIES in STEM Peer Tutors, can contact the tutor directly to set up a time to meet virtually.
- Supplemental Instruction will also be held online using Zoom and Blackboard, for those of you enrolled in a section, your SI leader will reach out with more details.
Please know that we are still here to serve you. Please feel free to reach out if
you any questions or concerns, contact us directly. We know it will be different for
a little while and take some patience while we navigate these new waters, but we promise
to share whatever information we have as we get it. In the meantime, please be sure
to take care of yourselves.
Director Elena Jaloma: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co - Director Dr. Paloma Vargas: email@example.com
MAPS Coordinator Melanie Medina: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPAL Katia Nava: email@example.com
PASOS Naz Bautista: firstname.lastname@example.org
A free, three-week summer bridge program that will give you a jump start on your college courses.
Beginning in Fall of 2018, we will pilot a Supplemental Instruction (SI) program.
Find tutors in anny STEM discipline and schedule tutoring sessions online.
We help STEM majors with scholarships, research opportunities, and graduate school.