Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
The Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship provides a checklist for planning, implementing and evaluating service-learning experiences which includes four stages:
- Implementation - Performing the Service
CASL collects example syllabi from service-learning courses at Cal Lutheran. You may also find exemplary service-learning syllabi sorted by discipline at compact.org.
Depending on the service-learning project, a trip release form and liability waiver may be required from your students.
Third-party organization websites with information on service-learning and higher education, links to organizations related to service-learning, and upcoming conferences.
- Campus Compact
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- American Association for Colleges and Universities
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) Service-Learning
- National Youth Leadership Council