College of Arts & Sciences
Understanding of the diversity of human experience over time
History graduates often pursue graduate work in the social sciences, law and church vocations; they're equally well prepared to begin careers in teaching and administration, media reporting, library science, archival work, genealogy, public administration, and museum studies.
News & Updates
- The latest volume of our undergraduate journal, The Scribe of the Ages is now available: Volumbe 6, May 2020
- Congratulations to 2020 graduating History Major Eleanor Barker, who was awarded a Fulbright to teach English in Kazakhstan!!
- We are happy to announce our 2020 History Department Award Recipients, two graduating seniors who have worked hard and developed their talents during their time at Cal Lutheran: O. Fritioff Ander History Award for Outstanding Graduating Senior: Eleanor Barker; Smith Family Writing History Award: Alexander Barr. Alexander Barr will have one of his research papers published in the 2020 volume of our undergraduate journal, The Scribe of the Ages, to be published on this site by June 2020.
- Wonder what you can do with a History degree? Check out the American Historical Association's web page, "Careers for History Majors," as well as their article, "History is Not a Useless Major: FIghting Myths with Data."
- On December 7, 2017, we had the privilege of hearing from WWII veteran, Len Zerlin. We recorded his presentation, and it is now available online: click here. Please enjoy!