Clear Pupil Personnel Services Credential

School Counseling

The School Counseling authorization permits the holder to perform the following duties:

  • Develop, plan, implement, and evaluate a school counseling and guidance program including academic, career, personal and social development
  • Advocate for the high academic achievement and social development of all students
  • Provide school-wide prevention and intervention strategies and counseling services
  • Provide consultation, training, and staff development to teachers and parents regarding students' needs
  • Supervise a district-approved advisory program as described in California Education Code, Section 49600

Child Welfare and Attendance

The Child Welfare and Attendance authorization permits the holder to perform the following duties:

  • Access appropriate services from both public and private providers, including law enforcement and social services
  • Provide staff development to school personnel regarding state and federal laws pertaining to due process and child welfare and attendance laws
  • Address school policies and procedures that inhibit academic success
  • Implement strategies to improve student attendance
  • Participate in school-wide reform efforts
  • Promote understanding and appreciation of those factors that affect the attendance of culturally-diverse student populations

Credential Requirements

The following are the CTC requirements for the Pupil Personnel Services Credential, School Counseling :

To obtain the authorization in Child Welfare and Attendance, you must hold a valid Pupil Personnel Services, School Counseling credential. One additional course including practicum is required for the Child Welfare and Attendance authorization. This authorization is added to the existing Pupil Personnel Services credential.

How To Apply For The Clear Credential

Prior to submission of a credential application, you must have an academic exit with your advisor.  Call 805-493-3421 to schedule this exit.  If you are aware of outstanding charges on your student account, you must make arrangements with the Business Office prior to submission of a credential application.  If you submit an application and a hold has been placed on your account, the application will be returned to you. You may submit an application without final grades posted after May 1st for spring completion, and after December 1st for fall completion.  However, the application will not be processed until eligibility and all grades have been verified.

Step 1: Read about the application process
Step 2: Pay the application fee
Step 3: Submit required documents