Cal Lutheran Compact
Note: All students and employees will be asked to sign this compact in their MyCLU portal.
Students, faculty, staff, volunteers and visitors commit to sharing responsibility for our collective health and well-being. These expectations are rooted in safety protocols for students, staff, faculty and the public with whom we interact. The actions of one member of the Cal Lutheran community can have implications for all members of this community.
As such, every member of the Cal Lutheran community is called upon to sign this Compact knowing that as we each care for ourselves, we care for each other and our neighbors. I help you. You help me. Together, we help our community.
As a member of the Cal Lutheran Community- student, faculty, staff- I will take responsibility for my health and modify my behaviors in order to better protect the health of my community. I will comply with official signage and all of the following:
- Practice good hand-hygiene by frequently washing my hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer, if unable to wash my hands, after interacting with others on campus, including in the residence halls.
- Clean my hands before and after touching my face (eyes, nose or mouth).
- Clean and disinfect my area before leaving any common space that I have used whenever there are supplies to do so.
- Cough and/or sneeze into my elbow if physically possible, even if I am wearing a face covering.
- Strongly consider getting the CoVID-19 vaccine should it become available.
- Close the lids on toilets prior to flushing.
Physical-Distancing and Face Mask* Measures
*a mask is defined as a disposable “surgical” mask, double layered cloth mask, or mask without a valve which securely covers from the bridge of my nose to under my chin, fitting closely against the sides of my face.
- Maintain a minimum of a six-foot distance (in addition to wearing a face mask) from others in both outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Wear a face mask any time I am in a public space, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Properly wear a face mask when indoors where other people have access. (Only exceptions are private offices while all doors are closed and residence hall suites when only roommates are present.)
- Use a new disposable or washed multi-layer cloth face mask each day.
- Make sure all my personal protective equipment is latex-free.
- Abide by the policies in the residence halls that prohibit most guests.
- Follow all guidelines regarding building/room capacity and traffic flow.
- Practice safer gathering practices by meeting outdoors and following masking protocols outside and during shared rides.
- I understand that students who are placed in on-campus isolation and quarantine are expected to abide by all guidelines set forth by Health Services and Residence Life, failure to comply can result in Student Conduct violations.
- Attend in-person appointments, classes and other in-person commitments only when symptom-free.
- If I test positive for CoVID-19, I must first be released from isolation by Health Services before returning to in-person appointments, commitments or classes.
- Follow the testing, contact tracing, quarantine, and isolation protocols of Cal Lutheran and County Public Health at all times
- Avoid places where I will be around other people if I feel ill or know that I have been around a person who has been CoVID-19 positive (with or without symptoms) or has a contagious illness.
- Complete a symptom check each day I will be on campus.
- Immediately report if I interact with someone who is sick, and/or if I have symptoms, get CoVID-19-positive test results, whether or not I am living or working on campus
- If I am a student, I will call Cal Lutheran’s Health Services at 805-493-3225 or email Covid19reporting@callutheran.edu.
- If I am an employee, I will notify my supervisor and email Cal Lutheran’s Health Services at Covid19reporting@callutheran.edu. (Individuals unable to send emails while off campus must work with their supervisor to ensure that a notification is provided to the email address.)
- If I am a visitor, I will notify my own healthcare provider and Cal Lutheran’s Health Services by emailing Covid19reporting@callutheran.edu.
Cal Lutheran expects all faculty, staff, and students to adhere to the Cal Lutheran Travel Policy for university-related travel matters.
- For personal travel consult the Cal Lutheran KNOW website and review official email communication for guidance. At all times, the community is encouraged to follow the state’s policy and the appropriate campus site county (Ventura, Los Angeles, & Alameda) or city (Berkeley) guidelines.
- For personal or pre-approved work travel, it is the traveler’s responsibility to review any restrictions established for U.S. domestic or international travel by the CDC, State of California, local, and Department of State. If re-entry guidance impacts return-to-work and/or in-person classroom participation, then discuss with your supervisor/faculty member prior to departure. Approval for virtual work is left to a supervisor’s/faculty member’s discretion. Additionally, “advised” quarantine periods provided in the State of California guidance, as well as in county-level/regional guidance are mandated for Cal Lutheran community members prior to returning to a Cal Lutheran campus.
Compliance with public health measures is mandatory. To prevent widespread infections and possible campus closure, all of us play a role and must take these measures seriously. Holding ourselves and each member of this community accountable to the Compact is everyone’s work.
- Wear a face mask and if possible, roll down windows when carpooling/ride-sharing with those who are not your roommate or housemate.
- Avoid off-campus gatherings; if held, they should be done in accordance with county, state, and CDC guidelines.
- Students who host social gatherings off campus are responsible for ensuring safety and compliance of the Compact as well as county, state, and CDC guidelines.
Speak up and encourage others to honor the Compact and be faithful in your personal actions and responsibilities. If required, disciplinary action will be taken to address violations of policy or directives put in place to address the ongoing pandemic.
I understand that federal, state and local guidelines change periodically, and, therefore, the terms of the Campus Compact may change as a result of new guidance.
By signing this Campus Compact, I acknowledge these requirements and understand that my failure to comply with these requirements may result in sanctions.