Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
While we are continuing to provide most services virtually, current health orders allow us to offer some in person on our Thousand Oaks campus and at our Oxnard Center. Instructions for accessing services are below:
Academic Services, which includes the services of the Registrar and Student Success, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday except for holidays and campus closures. You may also call 805-493-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions and front desk services or general questions. Students wishing to meet with their Student Success Counselor will need to schedule an appointment.
- Many academic-related forms can be found here. This includes electronic forms for adding and withdrawing from or dropping classes.
- Students needing assistance from Disability Support Services should contact them at email@example.com or 805-493-3464.
- Students requiring services from the grant programs Student Support Services and ALLIES in STEM should contact Elena Jaloma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-493-3602.
- The Samuelson Aquatics Center is open for drop-in swim from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. For questions, contact Craig Rond at email@example.com.
- The Forrest Fitness Center is slated to open at 10% capacity indoors the week of Oct. 26. An Outdoor Fitness Area is open. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Review the Usage Policies before visiting.
- Memorial Field is available for recreation activities such as throwing or kicking balls.
- Virtual yoga and Zumba classes are offered on Zoom. For more information and access to recorded yoga classes, click here.
Student Accounts is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Physical distancing and face coverings are required. No more than two visitors can be in the lobby at any given time with others waiting outside. Students needing services can also contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-493-3173.
Someone is in the Office of Campus Ministry from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can access the Campus Ministry Office through the main doors of Samuelson Chapel. Pastoral counseling is confidential and done primarily on Zoom. Information on counseling, religious programming and other topics is available on the Campus Ministry website.
The Campus Safety Office is open for walk-up service Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, faculty, staff, and students may call Campus Safety at 805-493-3208 to schedule an appointment. Faculty, staff and students may use the Campus Safety webpage to apply for a parking permit or to submit an ID photo. For after-hours assistance, call 805-493-3208. Campus Safety officers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. Curbside service is also available in the Administration Parking Lot by appointment only. Please call 805-493-3270 for an appointment.
All Counseling and Psychological Services are available remotely. Students may call us at 805-493-3727 to schedule an appointment or for a psychological crisis during emergency hours. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Career Services is open by appointment only. To meet with a counselor, please click Make an Appointment online on the homepage, or join one of the many scheduled workshops, events, career chats or drop-in advising hours via Zoom.
All services are available remotely. For information on process and reporting, please visit www.callutheran.edu/care/.
The Community Cupboard is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Samuelson Chapel. A limited supply of grocery store cards are available. For details, please contact Elizabeth Lohr-Myers at 805-493-3228 or email@example.com.
- Ullman Dining is open for carryout and limited indoor and patio dining as follows:
- Breakfast - 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Monday through Friday
- Lunch - 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Dinner - 5 to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5 to 7 p.m. Friday
- Weekend Brunch - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Weekend Dinner – 5 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Starbucks at Jack’s is open for carryout with ID access only through the sliding doors from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Health Services will be open by appointment only during regular hours (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 4:30 p.m. except for Chapel Hour on Thursday, and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.). Call 805-493-3225 to make an appointment.
The library is open for student study from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Pearson Library's print books and DVDs are available to the Cal Lutheran community through the Contact-Free Hold Pickup service. Please place a hold on the item you want in the library’s catalog, and an email will be sent to you to schedule your pickup time. All other services, such as Librarian Assistance and Course Reserves, are available virtually. Please check the Library Alerts & Resources Guide for the most up-to-date information.
Postal and Shipping Services
Mailroom/Printing Services will remain open with slightly reduced hours and physical-distancing guidelines in place. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. We are accepting walk-ins. For questions, contact Ben Hengst at 805-493-3188.
The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call 805-493-3220 for assistance.
The office is open for walk-up service from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additionally, appointments can be scheduled by calling 805-493-3553.
The office is open by appointment only with urgent walk-in appointments held outside. We are offering virtual programming and in-person small group programming outside on campus.
- Outdoor Spaces at Thousand Oaks Campus – Covered outdoor spaces with wireless access, convenience power and lighting are available for all students. These areas are available until 10 p.m. each day. The spaces are indicated on the campus map.
- Indoor and Outdoor Study, Oxnard Center, 2201 Outlet Center Dr. #600
- Monday through Thursday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Please call Bryan Rupley at 805-493-3051 for any questions.
The Student Union is available for reservable study space from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For information, contact the Student Union staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a reservation, go to https://callutheran.libcal.com/booking/student-union.
- Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
Fri October 23, 2020
Current health orders allow us to offer some in person on our Thousand Oaks campus and at our Oxnard Center.
- COVID-19 Dashboard
Tue October 20, 2020
We have launched a COVID-19 Dashboard on our KNOW site to provide updated data on positive cases within our community.
- Looking ahead to the late fall and early spring
Thu October 15, 2020
I thought it would be helpful to share the current COVID-19-related guidance that has emerged since the President's Update I delivered in early October.
- COVID-19 case
Sat September 26, 2020
An employee tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been contagious while working on our Thousand Oaks campus.
- Reopening of Cal Lutheran offices
Thu September 17, 2020
As leaders of the pandemic planning committee, we are working with colleagues across the university to carefully and methodically design and implement a phased-in return-to-campus plan.
- COVID-19 Case
Tue September 1, 2020
Someone tested positive during our planned testing of all arriving residential students.
- COVID-19 Case
Fri August 28, 2020
A residential student tested positive for COVID-19 during our planned testing of all arriving residential students.
- Daily Health Check System
Tue August 25, 2020
For those who have been given permission to be on university property, we have launched an electronic Daily Health Check system for the process that must be completed before coming onsite.
- Academic Information for Students
Thu August 20, 2020
Our faculty have been working hard to create new ways to engage you virtually in a high quality Cal Lutheran academic experience.
- Fall 2020 Campus Update
Thu August 13, 2020
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recently released its COVID-19 guidelines for colleges and universities.