Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
Welcome to Fall Semester 2020!
While we are continuing to provide most services virtually, current health orders allow us to offer some in person on our Thousand Oaks campus and at our Oxnard Center. Instructions for accessing services are below:
Registrar and Student Success services will be provided virtually and by appointment. Please contact Academic Services at email@example.com for any front desk services or general questions. Students wishing to meet with their Student Success Counselor should schedule an appointment.
- For assistance with adding and dropping classes, please use the dynamic forms found here.
- Students needing assistance from Disability Support Services should contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-493-3464.
- Students requiring services from the grant programs Student Support Services and ALLIES in STEM should contact Elena Jaloma at email@example.com or 805-493-3535.
- The Samuelson Aquatics Center is open for drop-in swim from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. For questions, contact Craig Rond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Forrest Fitness Center is currently closed in compliance with county regulations, but will be opened once allowed.
- Memorial Field is available for recreation activities such as throwing or kicking balls.
Student Accounts is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 5 p.m. Physical distancing requires that no more than two visitors be in the lobby at any given time with others waiting outside. Students needing services can also contact staff at email@example.com or 805-493-3173.
Someone is in the Office of Campus Ministry from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can access the Campus Ministry Office through the main doors of Samuelson Chapel. Pastoral counseling is confidential and done primarily on Zoom. Information on counseling, religious programming and other topics is available on the Campus Ministry website.
The Campus Safety Office is open for walk-up service Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, faculty, staff, and students may call Campus Safety at 805-493-3208 to schedule an appointment. Faculty, staff and students may use the Campus Safety webpage to apply for a parking permit or to submit an ID photo. For after-hours assistance, call 805-493-3208. Campus Safety officers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. Curbside service is also available in the Administration Parking Lot by appointment only. Please call 805-493-3270 for an appointment.
All Counseling and Psychological Services are available remotely. Students may call us at 805-493-3727 to schedule an appointment or for a psychological crisis during emergency hours.
Career Services is open by appointment only. To meet with a counselor, please click Make an Appointment online on the homepage, or join one of the many scheduled workshops, events, career chats or drop-in advising hours via Zoom.
All services are available remotely. For information on process and reporting, please visit www.callutheran.edu/care/.
The Community Cupboard is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Samuelson Chapel. A limited supply of grocery store cards are available. For details, please contact Elizabeth Lohr-Myers at 805-493-3228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ullman Dining is open for carryout and limited patio dining as follows:
- Breakfast - 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Monday through Friday
- Lunch - 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Dinner - 5 to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5 to 7 p.m. Friday
- Weekend Brunch - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Weekend Dinner – 5 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Starbucks at Jack’s is open for carryout with ID access only through the sliding doors from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Health Services will be open by appointment only during regular hours (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 4:30 p.m. except for Chapel Hour on Thursday, and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.). Call 805-493-3225 to make an appointment.
- Outdoor Spaces at Thousand Oaks Campus – Covered outdoor spaces with wireless access, convenience power and lighting are available for all students. These areas are available until 10 p.m. each day. The spaces are indicated on the campus map.
- Outdoor Study, Oxnard – Beginning today, the outdoor area of the Oxnard Center located at 2201 Outlet Center Drive, Suite 600, will be a dedicated study space for students. A reservation system will be available soon, but walk-ins are welcome. As soon as the county gives us permission, we will also offer indoor study space. For now, the outdoor space is available as follows:
- Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please call Bryan Rupley at 805-493-3051 for any questions.
The library will open Wednesday, September 2, for student study. Pearson Library's print books and DVDs are available to the Cal Lutheran community through the Contact-Free Hold Pickup service. Please place a hold on the item you want in the library’s catalog, and an email will be sent to you to schedule your pickup time. All other services, such as Librarian Assistance and Course Reserves, are available virtually. Please check the Library Alerts & Resources Guide for the most up-to-date information.
Postal and Shipping Services
Mailroom/Printing Services will remain open with slightly reduced hours and physical-distancing guidelines in place. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. We are accepting walk-ins. For questions, contact Ben Hengst at 805-493-3188.
The office is open by appointment only with urgent walk-in appointments held in a large indoor space or outside. Please call 805-493-3220 for assistance.
The office is open by appointment only with urgent walk-in appointments held in a large indoor space or outside. Please call 805-493-3553 for assistance.
The office is open by appointment only with urgent walk-in appointments held outside. We will be offering virtual programming and in-person small group programming outside on campus.
The Student Union will be available for reservable study space Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on a limited basis on weekends beginning Monday, September 7. For information, contact the Student Union staff at email@example.com
Please check the university KNOW page for additional details and procedures
- Reopening of Cal Lutheran offices
Thu September 17, 2020
As leaders of the pandemic planning committee, we are working with colleagues across the university to carefully and methodically design and implement a phased-in return-to-campus plan.
- Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
Tue September 1, 2020
Current health orders allow us to offer some in person on our Thousand Oaks campus and at our Oxnard Center.
- COVID-19 Case
Tue September 1, 2020
Someone tested positive during our planned testing of all arriving residential students.
- COVID-19 Case
Fri August 28, 2020
A residential student tested positive for COVID-19 during our planned testing of all arriving residential students.
- Daily Health Check System
Tue August 25, 2020
For those who have been given permission to be on university property, we have launched an electronic Daily Health Check system for the process that must be completed before coming onsite.
- Academic Information for Students
Thu August 20, 2020
Our faculty have been working hard to create new ways to engage you virtually in a high quality Cal Lutheran academic experience.
- Fall 2020 Campus Update
Thu August 13, 2020
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recently released its COVID-19 guidelines for colleges and universities.
- COVID-19 Case
Mon August 3, 2020
An employee tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been contagious while working on our Thousand Oaks campus.
- Change in Course Delivery Plans
Fri July 31, 2020
The Fall Semester will start with all virtual classes.
- July 29 Operational Update for Faculty and Staff
Fri July 31, 2020
Watch a recording of the webinar to learn about the latest updates for faculty and staff.