Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
While we are continuing to provide most services virtually, current health orders allow us to offer some in person on our Thousand Oaks campus and at our Oxnard Center. Instructions for accessing services are below:
Academic Services, which includes the services of the Registrar and Student Success, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday except for holidays and campus closures. You may also call 805-493-3105 or email email@example.com for general questions and front desk services or general questions. Students wishing to meet with their Student Success Counselor will need to schedule an appointment.
- Many academic-related forms can be found here. This includes electronic forms for adding and withdrawing from or dropping classes.
- Students needing assistance from Disability Support Services should contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-493-3464.
- Students requiring services from the grant programs Student Support Services and ALLIES in STEM should contact Elena Jaloma at email@example.com or 805-493-3602.
- The Samuelson Aquatics Center is open for drop-in swim from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. For questions, contact Craig Rond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View Forrest Fitness Center hours. Review the Usage Policies before visiting.
- Memorial Field is available for recreation activities such as throwing or kicking balls.
- Virtual yoga and Zumba classes are offered on Zoom. For more information and access to recorded yoga classes, click here.
Student Accounts is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Physical distancing and face masks are required. No more than two visitors can be in the lobby at any given time with others waiting outside. Students needing services can also contact staff at email@example.com or 805-493-3173.
The Office of Campus Ministry is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can access the Campus Ministry Office through the main doors of Samuelson Chapel. Pastoral counseling is confidential and done primarily on Zoom. Information on counseling, religious programming and other topics is available on the Campus Ministry website.
The Campus Safety Office is open for walk-up service Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, faculty, staff, and students may call Campus Safety at 805-493-3208 to schedule an appointment. Faculty, staff and students may use the Campus Safety webpage to apply for a parking permit or to submit an ID photo. For after-hours assistance, call 805-493-3208. Campus Safety officers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Beginning Friday, January 15, the Campus Store will be open Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and closed on weekends. Curbside service remains active by appointment only by calling (805) 493-3270. For buy back or book rental return instructions you may call the Store at the above number or visit us at www.callutheran.edu/bookstore
All Counseling and Psychological Services are available remotely. Students may call us at 805-493-3727 to schedule an appointment or for a psychological crisis during emergency hours. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Career Services is open by appointment only. To meet with a counselor, please click Make an Appointment online on the homepage, or join one of the many scheduled workshops, events, career chats or drop-in advising hours via Zoom.
All services are available remotely. For information on process and reporting, please visit www.callutheran.edu/care/.
The Community Cupboard is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Samuelson Chapel. After hours the Cupboard is accessible by contacting Campus Safety at (805) 493-3208. A limited supply of grocery store cards are available. Please contact Elizabeth Lohr-Myers for details (805) 493-3228, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ullman Dining: View current hours for Spring 2021 here
- Starbucks: Open (CLU ID access only) with limited hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m Monday through Friday, closed on weekends. We encourage individuals to order using Grubhub.
Health Services will be open by appointment only during regular hours (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 4:30 p.m. except for Chapel Hour on Thursday, and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.). Call 805-493-3225 to make an appointment.
The library is open for student study from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Pearson Library's print books and DVDs are available to the Cal Lutheran community through the Contact-Free Hold Pickup service. Please place a hold on the item you want in the library’s catalog, and an email will be sent to you to schedule your pickup time. All other services, such as Librarian Assistance and Course Reserves, are available virtually. Please check the Library Alerts & Resources Guide for the most up-to-date information.
Postal and Shipping Services
Mailroom/Printing Services will remain open with slightly reduced hours and physical-distancing guidelines in place. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. We are accepting walk-ins. For questions, contact Ben Hengst at 805-493-3188.
The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call 805-493-3220 for assistance.
The office is open for walk-up service from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additionally, appointments can be scheduled by calling 805-493-3553.
The office is open by appointment only with urgent walk-in appointments held outside. We are offering virtual programming and in-person small group programming outside on campus.
- Outdoor Spaces at Thousand Oaks Campus – Covered outdoor spaces with wireless access, convenience power and lighting are available for all students. These areas are available until 10 p.m. each day. The spaces are indicated on the campus map.
- Indoor and Outdoor Study, Oxnard Center, 2201 Outlet Center Dr. #600
- Monday through Thursday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Please call Bryan Rupley at 805-493-3051 for any questions.
The Student Union will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 19. It will be available for reservable study space from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For information, contact the Student Union staff at email@example.com. To make a reservation, go to https://callutheran.libcal.com/booking/student-union.
- Vaccines for Cal Lutheran employees/ Vacunas para los empleados de Cal Lutheran
Tue February 23, 2021
There is good news regarding Cal Lutheran employees' access to the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Commencement information
Mon February 22, 2021
Drive-in ceremonies at the Ventura County Fairgrounds in May will honor '20 and '21 graduates.
- Outdoor classroom information
Wed February 10, 2021
Information about outdoor classrooms on our Thousand Oaks campus.
- Health Protocols for Spring
Tue February 9, 2021
Additional measures we have taken for spring semester as part of our slow and cautious reopening plan.
- COVID-19 Testing on Thousand Oaks Campus Friday, February 12
Thu February 4, 2021
The County of Ventura COVID-19 Mobile Testing Unit is scheduled to be on the Thousand Oaks campus on Friday, February 12, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- For Students: Instructions on Return to Campus
Wed February 3, 2021
Information for students with classes in an outdoor classroom or indoor lab for the spring semester.
- Changes at Cal Lutheran Campuses Following Removal of State "Stay at Home" Order
Fri January 29, 2021
Lifting the stay at home order restores campuses in Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, and Berkeley to “purple tier” allowed activities.
- Spring Semester Update for Undergraduate Students
Thu January 28, 2021
Information about outdoor classrooms, virtual classes, COVID testing, and housing.
- Update to Stay at Home Order
Fri January 15, 2021
Based on current conditions of the two geographic regions in which the campuses of Cal Lutheran sit (Southern California and Bay Area), the cabinet has decided to extend minimal staffing and virtual learning at all campuses at least until February 5, 2021.
- Updated Travel Guidelines
Thu January 7, 2021
The California Department of Public Health released an updated travel advisory that reduced the required quarantine period from 14 days to 10 days for those traveling to California from other states and countries.