Zoom Video Conferencing
Face-to-face meetings for a Digital Age
Zoom licenses are available to all faculty, staff, and students at Cal Lutheran and PLTS. Faculty and staff can also request a Zoom Pro license by opening a Helpdesk ticket with ITS. The Pro license allows unlimited meeting time, cloud recording, and much more. Pro licenses are strongly recommended for any faculty teaching online.
Please note: Students do not need Zoom Pro accounts to access their class meetings. Pro accounts are only necessary for faculty or staff members hosting meetings for longer than 40 minutes. Students can get a free Basic account by following the instructions under Additional Resources.
Contact Digital Learning for training or see below for step-by-step tutorials.
Zoom Training (Videos and PDFs)
Additional Zoom Resources
- Zoom and FERPA Rules (PDF)
- Zoom Download Center
- How to Update Your Zoom Desktop Client (Video, 1:44)
- How to Update Your Zoom App for Macs (Video, 2:47)
- How to use an iPad as a whiteboard on Zoom (Video, 3:49)
- Creating a Zoom Account for Students(PDF)