California Lutheran University's MBA in Financial Planning degree (MBA-FP) is considered to be among the country's most intensive and comprehensive master-level programs for financial planning.
Our curriculum, which is offered both fully online and on campus, offers an intellectually rigorous academic program in an environment that stimulates personal growth and higher standards of professionalism. This program empowers professionals from a wide variety of fields to advance their careers and gain expertise.
- Program Tracks
- Course Terms & Locations
- Admission Requirements
- Veteran Support
- Transfer of Credit
- Student Work Samples
Attend an Info Session
Meet with faculty and admission counselors to learn about degree options, admission requirements, and financial aid.
6:00pm - 7:00pm
10:00am - 11:00am
Woodland Hills Center
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Accreditation and Reputation
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Our courses satisfy the initial education requirements necessary to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Ranked by US News and World Report among the top 20 schools in the Western United States.
- USDLA-award-winning online classes
- Access to nationally-recognized faculty with degrees and industry certifications
Convenience and Flexibility
- Multiple program entry points within the academic year
- The ability to take a combination of online and on-campus classes
- Flexibility that accommodates the needs of the full-time working adult
- Networked to leading financial service firms
- Alumni network that continues beyond graduation
- Lifelong access to career services
Cal Lutheran is listed as one of 35 Great Schools for Financial Planning by the Financial Planning Magazine, November 2014.
The CFP® Board is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization that requires education, ethics requirements, examination, and experience for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® certificants. Along with completing the financial planning coursework and passing the CFP® Certification Examination, the CFP® Board also requires successful CFP® certificants to have financial planning-related work experience and adhere to their Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.