M.S. IT Next Steps

Domestic Students
New Student Orientation

            New Student Orientation

November 24, 2020




Orientation Schedule:

4:30-5:00pm- Campus Tour: Join in on an optional tour around the main Thousand Oaks campus

5:00-5:30pm- Meet & Greet: Get a chance to meet and talk with Dean Apfelthaler, your Program Director, Advisor, or Program Support Staff and faculty members 

5:30-6:15pm- Cal Lutheran and SOM Orientation: Learn everything from parking to probation… The orientation will cover both general Cal Lutheran information, and School of Management graduate policies and procedures.

6:15-7:00pm- Program Specific Orientation: Program Support Staff will go over everything you need to know about your program, come with questions!

 The SOM requires orientation attendance because we sincerely feel the information you obtain at the orientation will aid in your success.

Though we know we will see you all there, as there are many variables, please RSVP to Diana Fielding  dfieldin@callutheran.edu  or 805-493-3993  to confirm your attendance. 


Master Promissory Note

All students are required to submit a Master Promissory Note prior to registration. You will be prompted to enter your MyCLU username and password.

Submit your note

Registration dates are listed on the Registrar's Academic Calendars.

How to register for classes:
  1. Log in to MyCLU
  2. Select the Web Advisor tab
  3. Go to Students
  4. Choose the Register for Sections option under Registration
  5. Now Search and register for sections
  6. Follow these instructions to complete your registration.

If you are provisionally or conditionally admitted, you will need to work with your admission counselor to register.

Admission Counselor Email Phone
Monica Gascon mgascon@callutheran.edu 805-493-3963
Financial Aid

File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at least 60 days before the beginning of your intended start term. (Cal Lutheran's School Code is 001133.)

Follow these steps to complete the financial aid process.

You must submit the online Master Promissory Note as well.  (**The student account MPN is not the same as your federal loan MPN)

Payment Arrangements

Make arrangements for tuition payment with the Student Accounts Office.

  • You will be billed each term for registered courses and fees. Tuition is due at the beginning of each term.
  • Arrange for full payment of tuition and fees, or sign up for a payment plan. (See payment options.)
How to view your bill:
  1. Log in to MyCLU
  2. Select the Web Advisor tab
  3. Go to Students
  4. Choose the Pre-bill option under Student Accounts
  5. Select your term
  6. Choose Graduate for Student Type
  7. Hit Submit
Employer Reimbursement

If you are receiving tuition reimbursement from your employer, you may delay payment for up to five weeks after the last day of the term. Apply for employer reimbursement »

If you have any questions, contact:

Student Accounts Office
60 West Olsen Road #1220
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Phone: 805-493-3173
Fax: 805-493-3886

Schedules and Calendars

Updated course schedules, calendars, and planners are available through the Registrar. View schedules »

Student ID and Parking
Student ID

Get your Student ID card at the Office of Campus Safety at the Thousand Oaks campus. This card is used for access to the Oxnard and Woodland Hills Centers, library, Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center, school activities, and off-campus discounts.


Parking is free. However, parking on the Thousand Oaks campus requires a permit.

Parking permits are good for one year. To obtain a permit, visit Campus Safety. You may also register online. For more information, contact 805-493-3208.

Program Contact Information
Name Email Phone
Diana Fielding dfieldin@callutheran.edu 805-493-3993
International Students
Conditional Admission

If you are conditionally admitted and need to complete the ELS Language Program, you must complete level 112 prior to beginning graduate courses. Contact us 60 days before your anticipated completion date to secure placement in the graduate program.

Pay Your Deposit

You may pay both your Enrollment and Housing deposits online, subject to the following terms and conditions:

The Enrollment Deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to your tuition. It is due 60 days before your intended start term begins. If your enrollment deposit is received after this date, you may have to defer your attendance to the next available term.

If you plan to live on campus, you must pay both deposits before completing your housing application.

How to access the Enrollment and Housing Deposits form:
  1. Log in to MyCLU
  2. Select the Web Advisor tab
  3. Go to Students
  4. Choose the CLUpay option under Student Accounts
  5. Hit Next
  6. Choose Enrollment and Housing Deposits under Payment Options
Term Tuition should be received by
Fall 2016 August 29, 2016
Winter 2017 November 21, 2016
Spring 2017 February 27, 2017
Summer 2017 May 30, 2017

Once your deposit has been received, you may then proceed to the following steps.

Financial Responsibility

U.S. Immigration regulations require us to certify on Form I-20A-B that non-immigrant F-1 students have provided proof of financial responsibility for the first year of study in the U.S. Please complete section I on this form and have your sponsor and sponsor's bank complete sections II and III.

Submit a Financial Responsibility Statement. You can either mail, fax, or scan and email this form to:

Cal Lutheran Graduate Admission
60 West Olsen Road #2200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Fax: 805-493-3861

Some financial institutions prefer to use their own certification form. In such cases, official letters or documents may be substituted instead of the Financial Responsibility Statement.

SEVIS Form I-20

If you hold or require an F-1 student visa (non-immigrant status), you must submit an Application for SEVIS Form I-20. You can either mail, fax, or scan and email this form to:

Cal Lutheran Graduate Admission
60 West Olsen Road #2200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Fax: 805-493-3861

Transferring Your SEVIS Form I-20

If you have been previously studying in the U.S. and will be transferring to Cal Lutheran, the International Student Adviser or Designated School Official of the school which issued your current I-20 must complete and send us a SEVIS Transfer Form.

We can issue your transfer I-20 from Cal Lutheran after these three steps are completed:

  • We receive your SEVIS Transfer Form
  • The transfer is complete
  • You pay your enrollment deposit

If you plan to live on campus, you need to complete a Housing Application and Contract.

Graduate students enjoy furnished apartment-style suites. These suites include a kitchen, bathroom, common area, and private bedroom. All utilities are included, including a high-speed wireless Internet connection.

Graduate housing is limited. You must reserve housing at least 90 days in advance of your start term.

New Student Orientation

You are required to attend New Student Orientation. It will help you learn about the American Educational System, the services offered at Cal Lutheran, and your rights and responsibilities as an international student.

It will also assist you with practical matters, such as adjusting to a new culture and becoming familiar with your new campus.

You will receive your class schedule, learn how to purchase textbooks, and meet your fellow classmates.

Confirm your attendance by emailing clugradusa@callutheran.edu. If you do not attend orientation, you must defer your admission to the next term.

Start Term Orientation Dates
Fall 2018 Thursday, August 23 & Friday, August 24, 2018
Winter 2019 Thursday, November 15 & Friday, November 16, 2018
Spring 2019 Thursday, February 28 & Friday, March 1, 2019
Summer 2019 Thursday, May 23 & Friday May 24, 2019

Orientation starts at 8:30 a.m. in the Lundring Events Center.

Please bring with you:

  • Your passport
  • I-94 form
  • Student visa
  • I-20 form issued by Cal Lutheran
Pre-departure Information

Follow these steps carefully to help you make the final arrangements necessary for your successful arrival on campus and beginning of the term.

Schedules and Calendars

Updated course schedules, calendars, and planners are available through the Registrar. View schedules »

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I register for classes?

You will be registered by your academic program office. Class schedules will be distributed at orientation.

Where do I park? Do I need a parking permit?

All cars must be registered with campus safety. Learn more »

How do I pay my tuition?

Make arrangements for payment with the Student Accounts Office. You can arrange for full payment of tuition and fees, or sign up for a payment plan.

Where do I get my Student ID Card?

Once you arrive on campus, you can obtain your Student ID card at the Welcome Center.

Where is the Graduate Admission Office?

We are located in Alumni Hall.

Do you provide Airport Pickup?

No. Please read the pre-departure information for details on making your transportation arrangements from the airport to Cal Lutheran.

4+1 Students

Congratulations on being admitted to the 4+1 Program! All of your next steps are listed here. If you have any questions, please contact us.

As part of the 4+1 Program, you will be allowed to take up to 9 credits of coursework during your senior year as a provisionally admitted graduate student.

Graduate classes can be taken in the Fall and Spring Terms only.

Each semester, you must be registered for at least 12 credits of undergraduate coursework and not exceed 18 total credits of coursework, including your graduate classes.

To register for graduate classes:
  1. Download the Add Course Slip (PDF).
  2. Download the Permission to Take Graduate Courses Form. The Graduate Program Director must sign this form.
  3. Submit both completed forms to the Registrar’s office for registration.

Once your undergraduate degree has been posted, please contact the Graduate Admission Office so that we can move you to regular admission in your graduate program.