A free, three-week summer program for STEM students
Due to COVID-19, the STEM Academy Staff at Cal Lutheran has made the difficult decision to move this
year’s STEM Academy to a virtual experience.
Although this decision was not easy, the STEM Academy Staff has worked diligently and proactively to provide an immersive and holistic experience. Faculty led instruction, personal and professional development workshops, and research projects will still be conducted in this virtual experience.
Jump start your STEM major this summer
STEM Academy is a free, three-week summer bridge program at Cal Lutheran that will give you a jump start in your science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) classes. Program Overview
Applications for Summer 2020 are currently open for Community College and Transfer students only. Applications are due June 1st.
3 Weeks, Full-Time
July 5th - July 24th, 2020
Free for Students
There is no cost to you to attend.
Live on Campus
On-campus housing and meals are included for all students.
Earn Course Credit
Studying with faculty from multiple disciplines, you'll earn 3-units that will count towards your degree or transfer to another school.
What You'll Do
- Get hands-on experience that will help you be more confident in your courses and build the right study habits to succeed.
- Earn 3 semester units of college credit.
- Spend time in the lab exploring STEM subjects.
- Meet your fellow STEM students and get to know life on campus.
- Attend seminars and excursions to learn about STEM coursework, research, and careers.
- Present your work to campus and the community.
- Qualify for the STEM Scholar program and get access to paid research, internship, and peer mentoring opportunities.
Getting to have one on one relationships with professors is a gift, especially during the semester. If I had started school knowing some professors, bonding with new friends and being familiar with the campus, the beginning of freshman year would have been so much less stressful.
Lia Ceja '17
Dr. Ramirez helped me plan out each of my four years here at Cal Lutheran, as well as what I should be doing every summer so that I can be productive and seen as a competitive candidate for medical school.
Steven Ortez-Hernandez '22