A free, three-week summer program for STEM students
Jump start your STEM major this summer
STEM Academy is a free, three-week summer bridge program at Cal Lutheran that will give you a jump start in your science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) classes. Program Overview
Applications for Summer 2021 are now closed. Summer 2022 applications will open mid-February.
Virtual STEM Academy 2021 Schedule At-A-Glance
|8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Facutly-Led Virtual Instruction|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.||Lunch/Break|
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Professional Development Series|
|2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Supplemental Instruction|
|3:10 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Personal Development Series|
|4:05 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.||Peer-Mentor Check In|
|5:05 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||Supplemental Instruction Office Hours|
STEM Academy Information Sessions
If you would like to learn more about the STEM Academy and application process before
applying, feel free to register for a "STEM Academy Info Session" for a casual discussion
and Q&A with the STEM Academy Staff!
|Session Date||Session Time|
3 Weeks, Full-Time
July 12th - July 30th, 2021
Free for Students
There is no cost to you to attend.
Live on Campus
On-campus housing and meals are included for all students.
Earn Course Credit
Studying with faculty from multiple disciplines, you'll earn 3-units that will count towards your degree or transfer to another school.
What You'll Do
- Get hands-on experience that will help you be more confident in your courses and build the right study habits to succeed.
- Earn 3 semester units of college credit.
- Spend time in the lab exploring STEM subjects.
- Meet your fellow STEM students and get to know life on campus.
- Attend seminars and excursions to learn about STEM coursework, research, and careers.
- Present your work to campus and the community.
- Qualify for the STEM Scholar program and get access to paid research, internship, and peer mentoring opportunities.
Getting to have one on one relationships with professors is a gift, especially during the semester. If I had started school knowing some professors, bonding with new friends and being familiar with the campus, the beginning of freshman year would have been so much less stressful.
Lia Ceja '17
Dr. Ramirez helped me plan out each of my four years here at Cal Lutheran, as well as what I should be doing every summer so that I can be productive and seen as a competitive candidate for medical school.
Steven Ortez-Hernandez '22