COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Cal Lutheran will require all faculty, staff, and students who are living, learning, working on or accessing campuses or centers for the 2021-22 academic year to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees, including student workers, will be required to provide proof of being fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 by July 15, 2021.
- All Cal Lutheran students must submit proof of vaccination by Aug. 1, 2021. PLTS students must submit proof of vaccination by Aug. 11, 2021. Students in all programs who enroll after those deadlines will need to submit proof within five days of the start of the term. View instructions below
- Online-only students are encouraged to receive the vaccine but are not mandated to
do so if they are not physically present on a campus or center.
Individuals who are not vaccinated and do not have an approved exemption will not be cleared to access university facilities or programs in person. The following will also apply to students:
- Beginning August 2, students will not be able to add or drop courses.
- Students may be disenrolled from in-person Fall 2021 courses if they are not cleared by the start of the term.
- Student-athletes may have their athlete eligibility suspended.
- ID card access may be suspended for some campus facilities.
If you have received your 1st dose of a 2-dose vaccine, please upload proof of your first vaccination. You may be eligible for a temporary exemption until your second dose is due.
To submit your proof of vaccination:
- Go to the Health Services Health Forms webpage.
- Click on the purple Student Health Portal button to sign in with your university username and password.
- Once in the Student Health Portal, look in the upper left and click on “My Forms.”
- Click on the COVID Immunization History form and complete it.
- Upload a legible scan or photo of your immunization card on that form or by clicking “Document Upload.”
- You will receive a secure email after your record is reviewed by Health Services.
Instructions for Employees:
Employees may submit proof of vaccination or request an exemption through the "pop up" form that appears when you sign into MyCLU.
A team made up of staff and faculty members studied recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health organizations, the latest scientific and medical information, and policies of universities throughout the country before recommending that the entire on-site university community be vaccinated. The university's Cabinet and 32-person Emergency Operations Committee endorsed the recommendation.
Undocumented immigrants and international students are eligible for the vaccines with a Cal Lutheran ID. If international students are unable to access vaccinations prior to their arrival at Cal Lutheran, they will be expected to start the immunization process during their first week on any of our campuses.
Vaccines are free. If you have not yet been vaccinated, you can visit the following links for information on access:
- Ventura County Vaccination Information
- Los Angeles County Vaccination Information
- Alameda County Vaccination Information