Last updated: 9/28/20
In accordance with health and safety measures established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the university has adopted various policies and procedures to prioritize the health, safety, and wellbeing of our community. In addition to the measures established for the faculty, staff and students that are outlined on this website, the following expectations are established regarding campus visitors.
Note: Changes may occur due to State and/or county guidance. Please check this website for updates on a regular basis.
In compliance with the State and Ventura County guidelines, and following all appropriate guidelines, the California Lutheran University Thousand Oaks campus welcomes visitors hosted by their respective institutional representatives to support university operations. Campus offices reserve discretion to approve visitor(s) based on the health and safety guidelines. Individuals without campus-related business (e.g., Outside / Non-formal affinity groups seeking use of Cal Lutheran facilities, neighborhood members, etc.) are requested to refrain from use of the campus until guidelines change.
Examples of approved visitors include, but are not limited to:
Required to Sign Campus Compact:
- Presidential Guests (Related to Presidential Transition):
- City Council, City Officials & Community Partners
- Job Candidates (interviews, onboarding, etc.)
- Individuals with a previously scheduled appointment:
- Parents (meeting with an office representative)
- Guest Speakers for Classrooms (if virtual option not feasible)
- Friends/Guests/Parents of Staff, Faculty & Students
- Religious service attendees (outside of CLU community)
- Prospective Students (undergraduate and graduate)
Will Rely on Signage to Direct:
- Delivery Services (UPS, FedEx,Uber, Lyft, DoorDash)
- Business Vendors (shredding, vending machines, trash/recycle, copy machine maintenance, etc.)
- Neighborhood Community Members:
- Neighbors are encouraged to use the outer perimeter of campus for their exercise to minimize the density of people on main campus.
If part of an approved visitor group, then pending on category, the following guidance
is provided. All visitors must adhere to the community standards addressed in the
Cal Lutheran Campus Compact.
GUEST AUTHORIZATION PROCESS/PRE-ARRIVAL CHECK
If approved to visit campus, prior to coming on campus all guests must complete:
1. The Cal Lutheran Campus Compact by signing for agreement to abide by the Compact
expectations. A copy of the Compact will be provided to you by your host for signature
and collection prior to your visit.
Download the Cal Lutheran Compact
2. The online (or app-based) Visitor Health Check-in to verify that you do not have a temperature, are not exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 (e.g., cough, muscle ache, loss of taste, etc.), and have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 on the day of your visit.
Visitor Health Check Form
As feasible, on your day to visit campus, your host will pre-arrange a meet-up process to escort you in navigating the campus. In accordance with the Campus Compact, a few key reminders include that all visitors are required to:
- wear a face covering that covers one’s mouth and nose;
- maintain six feet of social distancing;
- frequently wash hands with soap and water, or if not available, use hand sanitizer; and
- minimize engaged prolonged activity with campus constituents.
We are confident that our shared, community-safety efforts will help us manage the pandemic and prevent further spread of the virus. Thank you for your support and understanding of the necessary measures enacted to achieve this goal. Any questions about the visitor’s policy or institution’s COVID-19 response can be addressed at email@example.com.