Our vision is a Cal Lutheran learning community that fosters global leadership through academic intercultural experiences around the world.
In support of Cal Lutheran's mission to "educate leaders for a global society," the Office of Education Abroad (OEA) coordinates accessible, inspiring, and safe intercultural experiences that advance evolving knowledges of self, others, and the world; intersubjective skills; inclusive attitudes; and democratic values.
- Care: We aim to foster relationships of care and reciprocity within our office and among all of our partnerships on and off campus.
- Diversity: We embrace pluralism and respect differences of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, spirituality, physical or mental ability, culture, ethnic origin, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, and socioeconomic or class status.
- Equity: We seek access for every student to the resources they individually need to participate in and learn from intercultural experiences.
- Sustainability: We seek environmental justice through programs that minimize adverse effects on the planetary ecosystem and educate students about ethical stewardship of resources.
- Wellness: We commit ourselves to the highest standards of health, safety, and risk management to ensure our travelers flourish holistically.
The OEA Team