Active Learning Classroom
The Active Learning Classroom in the Pearson Library promotes the use of active learning techniques that can aid the student’s mastery of course material, encourage community in the classroom, and increase engagement, self-esteem, and positive attitudes towards learning. Using the ALC in a student centered way will promote deep thinking about the material as well as the learning process itself.
- The Active Learning Classroom is located inside the Pearson Library and may be booked during library operating hours. Please consult the library hours webpage for the regular and special schedules.
- If you feel that your course would benefit from the being held in the active learning classroom, please contact the Registrar’s Office to reserve the Active Learning Classroom.
- Before the first class, make sure you reserve a time to go to the classroom and familiarize yourself with the layout and use.
- The Active Learning Classroom will be locked when not in use. The instructor will need to check out the room key from the front desk each time they teach, and return the key back to the front desk when they are finished. A reservation is required for admittance.
- It is the instructor’s responsibility to configure the room they way they want and return it the way they found it.
- A PC laptop cart is in the room (31 PCs); the code to unlock it will be provided by the Center for
Teaching and Learning, who should contact you when you book the room.
- Please feel free to submit a helpdesk ticket for further technical or pedagogical training.
- A Mac laptop cart (16 MacBooks) can be reserved ahead of time through Media Services.
- This will be moved into the room when requested in advance.
Note: The instructor requesting use of computer carts will be responsible for handing out laptops to students, and making sure all the laptops are back in the cart and charging at the end of class.
- Students may use their own devices in the room and connect to the monitors at each
of the 6 desks with the provided VGA cables.
- 10 MacBook to VGA adapters are available on a first come first serve basis for checkout from the Circulation Desk for in library use only. CLU ID card is required to facilitate this loan.