Students Taking Academic Responsibility (STAR)
- Traditional Undergraduate Students
Students Taking Academic Responsibility (STAR) is a holistic academic assistance program developed to enhance academic preparedness of students and provide them with proper direction throughout their academic journey. STAR is designed for probationary and conditionally admitted students as well as those students who choose to elect into the program to receive additional support.
Students are asked to sign a contract that requires them to participate in and adhere to a variety of academic support services. By enrolling in the program, students are taking an active role in furthering their educational success.
Students are held accountable for mandatory contract requirements including:
- Weekly meetings with an academic counselor
- Study hours
- Educational workshops
The academic counselors will provide students with useful study strategies as well as refer and/or direct students to other appropriate resources.
The enrollment fee for the program depends on your status.
- Probationary Students: $750 per semester
- Conditionally Admitted Students: $500 per semester / $1,000 per year
- Elect-in Students: $500 per semester (Due to limited availability, please contact us at the start of the semester to assess your needs.)
How the program helps students
- Prepare to move forward with their class load
- Maintain GPA for extra-curricular involvement (Athletics, Clubs, Academic Scholarships, etc.)
- Provide resources to remain in good academic standing or be removed from academic probation
- Facilitate open communication with students and their professors
- Learn how to balance their academic, social, and personal development
Highlights of the program
- Personalized attention through weekly meetings with an assigned counselor
- Progress reports for each academic course
- Information about campus resources
- Assistance with class schedules and student planning
- A variety of workshops (view schedule)
- Advocacy for students