Graduate with Experience
Students can gain hands-on experience working for the campus newspaper, The Echo, or for the campus-wide cable television station operating out of our new on-campus TV studio.
Communication education also takes students out of the classroom and into the workplace, with the requirement that they complete at least one industry internship or produce a special senior project.
While in the program, many students work or intern for a variety of organizations, including:
- Television stations such as CNN, KNBC, CBS, Fox Television, KCAL and KADY
- Shows such as Access Hollywood
- Radio stations, including Cal Lutheran's own KCLU national public radio
- Local and regional newspapers, including the Thousand Oaks Star and Los Angeles Times
- Sports information departments for the L.A. Clippers and L.A. Kings
- Marketing firms and departments, including those at J.D. Power & Associates, and Amgen
- Software companies
- Sports marketing firms