This clinical psychology program provides students with a balance of practical skills in research and statistics combined with training in evidence-based psychotherapy.
On-campus with a full-time or part-time course load
|Calendar & Course Availability
Fall and spring semesters (15-week terms) and summer sessions
$820 per credit
$49,200 base cost
Want to learn more?
Let us know you're interested and we'll reach out to answer your questions. You'll also receive more information about the program and your financial aid options.
The curriculum is designed to prepare students for either:
(1) Continuing their graduate studies in a doctoral program in psychology or other related clinical health science fields such as Clinical, Counseling, School, or other Social Science areas.
(2) Seeking immediate employment related to the measurement of clinical outcomes or program evaluation in health settings.
Why Cal Lutheran?
- Diversity of students from all over the world.
- Small entering class sizes of 12-15 students
- Applied and practical research skills in statistics using the R programming language
- Optional concentration areas
- Opportunity to write a thesis project
- A psychology faculty who value teaching, research, and service
- Two-year full time program or three-year part-time program
Taken in the second year, a two-course elective sequence provides students with advanced strategies in psychotherapy or quantitative methods. Advanced elective course options include:
- Clinical Training (Course examples: Dialectical Behavior Therapy/Methods in Suicide Assessment and Risk Management, Principles and Techniques of Child/Adolescent Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Quantitative Training (Course topics include Meta-Analysis, Structural Equation Modeling).
Kristina Rodriguez '15 PsyD, '10 M.S. in Clinical Psychology
The small university setting is really great for working closely and developing professional relationships with the faculty and advisors. They really get to know what your interests and strengths are. If you are passionate, they will help you go as far as you want to go.