How to Apply
Now accepting applications for Fall 2023!
To apply to the MS in Clinical Psychology graduate program, please submit your application materials using our application portal.
Note: The MS in Clinical Psychology program begins in the fall semester only.
- Optional - call 805-493-3325 to schedule an admission advisement
- Start your online application
- Recommendation Forms (2)
- List recommenders name and contact information on the Recommender page of your online application. Recommendations should come from recommenders who know you professionally, academically, or in related volunteer experience that are ideally in supervisory roles and not personal relationships (e.g. friends, family members, therapists, etc.). Cal Lutheran will send the required form to your recommenders.There is a space at the end of the form for your recommender to upload their Recommendation Letter. You do not need to wait for your recommenders to send in their recommendations to continue with your application.
- Complete the rest of the application, sign, and click submit.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended and any graduate work. Official transcripts must be ordered and sent directly
to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcript if available at your institution.
By email: By mail:
If a selection list is available please choose: California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University 60 West Olsen Road, #2200
or use the following email address Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
for direct entry: email@example.com
- Official transcripts from college/university where prerequisite courses were completed must also be sent
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Finalizing Your Application
After submission of your completed application, go to your Application Portal where you can upload or fill out the remaining application materials.
- Personal statement
- Please include 3-5, double-spaced, typewritten pages covering significant influences and events which have developed your present values and approach to life. Include ways in which these factors may contribute to the preparation for a psychology profession. Also, include your personal interests and goals and your professional objectives as they relate to Clinical Psychology.
- Pre-Requisite Requirement Form
- Applicants are required to have at least 3 credits of statistics with a grade of B- or better. An additional 12 credits of undergraduate or graduate-level psychology courses with grades of B- or better are recommended.
- Resume or CV
- $25.00 Online Application fee