A primary objective of the Master of Science in Clinical Psychology program is to provide students with an opportunity to initiate and participate in research projects of interest to them. In addition to the completion of a quantitative master's thesis, students are encouraged to present their research at regionally and nationally based research conferences.
Students in the MS program value open, transparent, reproducible science. Student presentations at the 2018 Western Psychological Association, Portland, OR, will be located on Open Science Framework.
- Congratulations to Deirdre Smith (Cal Lutheran MS Clinical ’16) for winning the 2018 MS Clinical Psychology Alumni Award! Read More.
- Congratulations to Halleh Hashtpari (Cal Lutheran MS Clinical ’14) for her admission to the PhD program in Counseling Psychology at the University of Utah!
- Congratulations to Varvara Toma (Cal Lutheran MS Clinical '16) for her admission to the PhD program in Clinical Psychology at Alliant University in San Diego!
- View Photo. Congratulations to Chanel Kouhanim (current MS Clinical Student) for receiving a Cal Lutheran Graduate Student Travel Award to APA’s Annual Convention in Denver, CO! She also received an Apple iWatch for being the APA Quest 2016 grand prize winner.
- Congratulations to Joseph Ramirez (current MS Clinical Student) for receiving a Cal Lutheran Graduate Student Travel Award to APA’s Annual Convention!
Selected Master's Theses
- "Identity Integration and the Psychological Well-Being of Iranian Americans", by Halleh Hashtpari (May, 2014)
- "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Among Adolescents in a Conflict Zone of Kashmir", by Iqra I. Beg (May, 2018)
- Non-Clinical Populations
- "Qualitative Analysis of the Perception of those that Die by Suicide in the First Responder Community", by J.R. Soria (May, 2018)
- "Family Mediator Perceptions of Providing Court Recommendation on Child Custody Disputes", by Lindsay Seino (May, 2018)
- Clinical Populations
- "Men's Depression - Endorsed Expereinces and Expresssion: A Replication Study by Isaac Harosh (May, 2018)
- "Emotional and Social Predictors of Binge Eating Disorder", by Abdulliah Baksh (May, 2017)
- "Hiearchical Bayesian Analysis of Murder-Suicide in the NVDRS", by Chanel Kouhanim (May, 2017).
- "The Association between DSM Diagnoses and Suicide Ideation and Behavior in Juvenile Delinquents" by Katherine Lyn McEnroe (May, 2017).
- Clinical Interventions
- "Post Publication Evaluation of DBT Skills Training", by Jonathan Larson (May, 2018)
- "Exploration of Adolescent Hope through Adolescent-Parent Relationships and Goals", by Jennifer Haeringer (May, 2014)
Selected Conference Presentations
- Larson, J. & Bedics, J. D. (2018, May). Meta-Analysis of 12-Month Follow-Up Outcomes for Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skill Training. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science , San Francisco, CA.
Olivera, V., Harosh, I., & Bedics, J. D. (2018, April). The Interpersonal Function of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association, Portland, OR
Larson, J. & Bedics, J. D. (2018, April). Post-Publication Evaluation of Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skill Training. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association, Portland, OR.
Gerson, M. J., Gerson, M. W., Georgeff, J., Randazzo, K., Fernandez, T., *Conceicao, I., ... *Renee, N. T. (2016). Exploring Theory of Mind: Relationship Between Autism Spectrum Characteristics, Eyetracking, and Cognitive Impressions of a Magic Presentation.
*Aguilar, M., & Holder, L. (2016, April). The effects of culture on the Latina woman’s perceptions of intimate partner violence. Presented at the California Lutheran University Festival of Scholars, Thousand Oaks, CA.
*Igarashi, Y., Sharma, R. N. (2016, April). Personal happiness in relation to culture. Poster presented at the annual Festival of Scholars Conference at California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- *Graham, Z., & Bedics, J. D. (2016, April). Interpersonal influences and drinking habits in a college sample. Poster presented at the annual Festival of Scholars Conference at California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA. View poster
- *Ramirez, J.A., *Kouhanim, C.S., *McKinley, H., Bedics, J.D. & Linehan, M.M. (2016, August). Clients Perceptions of Therapists After Alliance Rupture-Repairs in Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Denver, CO.
*Denotes Cal Lutheran Student