Communication education also takes students out of the classroom and into the workplace, with the requirement that they complete at least one industry internship or produce a special senior project.
Find an Internship
Before you get started, please download, read, and follow the Communication Department internship guidelines as you pursue your internship: InternshipGuidelines.
You may also stop by the Communication Departmental Assistant Office (Swenson 205) for Internship and Graduate school postings.
Where Our Students Intern
While in the program, many students work or intern for a variety of organizations, including:
- Television stations such as ABC, NBC, CNN, KNBC, CBS, Fox Television, and KCAL
- Shows such as Access Hollywood and production companies such as Bunim/Murray
- Radio stations, including Cal Lutheran's own KCLU national public radio
- Local and regional newspapers, including the Thousand Oaks Star and Los Angeles Times
- Sports information departments for the L.A. Clippers and L.A. Kings
- Marketing firms and departments, including those at J.D. Power & Associates, and Amgen
- Software companies
- Sports marketing firms