Stefano Pelle obtained a Master’s Degree with honors in Economics from LUISS University of Rome and a post graduate diploma in Marketing from the School of Management of the same LUISS. He completed his second Master Degree in Political Science from La Sapienza, University of Rome. During his career he attended executive education programs in renowned institutes such as HEC, ESSEC, INSEAD and London Business School.
He started his marketing career in 1987 with Johnson and Johnson. In 1990 he joined the Danone Group with an international responsibility. After spending almost six years in the FMCG sector, he moved to the services Industry as Marketing Director of Iberia Airlines. He subsequently joined the Italian Railways in 1996 as the Marketing and Sales Director.
In 1998, he joined the Perfetti Van Melle Group, the third world largest sugar confectionery group makers of Mentos and Chupa Chups, to oversee their India operations as the Managing Director.
In 2005 he was appointed Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Perfetti Van Melle Group, with direct responsibility for the Business Unit Russia and South Asia. Since April 2012 he is President for the PVM Group, with responsibility on South Asia, Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai, UAE.
For his work in South Asia, he received the high award of Knight Commander (Commendatore) from The President of Italy in 2006.
Despite his busy schedule in the Perfetti Van Melle Group, Stefano dedicates his free time to academics. He published in 2007 the book “Understanding Emerging Markets: Building Business BRIC by Brick” (SAGE, New Delhi) and in 2013 “When not in Rome don’t do as Romans do” (SAGE, New Delhi). He also published several articles on various topics in management journals as well as newspapers and magazines He has cooperated with several Universities and Business Schools including INSEAD and since 2007 he lectures in LUISS University of Rome on International Marketing and LUISS Business School on International Business.
October 2005: Developing Strategy for Value Creation, London Business School, London
December 2002: AVIRA, Advanced Management Program in INSEAD Singapore
March 1998 : Additional Master Degree in Political Sciences at “La Sapienza” University of Rome
June 1990/ DEC ‘92: Marketing Management seminars in HEC-ESSEC, Schools of Economics in Paris
October 1987: Postgraduate Marketing Course at LUISS School of Management, Rome
November 1986 : Master’s Degre in Economics (110/110) Cum Laude at LUISS University of Rome
July 1982 : Baccalaureate in humanities (60/60) at Collegio S.Gabriele of Rome
International Marketing, Strategic Marketing, International Business, Emerging Markets, Business Development
- “ When not in Rome don’t do as Romans do”, January 2013, Sage Publications, New Delhi
-“Understanding Emerging Markets: building business BRIC by brick”, January 2007, Sage Publications, New Delhi
- “ The Economic Times”, New Delhi, August 15th, 08, “Let every day be November 14th”
- “Il Veltro”, June ’08, Rivista della Civilta` Italiana, “India and Italy: a bridge between two Continents”
- “Spandan”, Nov. 05, Journal of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, “Media Innovation: on line advertising”
- “Il Sole 24ore”, Milan, June 3rd, 05, “Delhi si prepara ad agguantare Pechino”
- “Pitch”, The Advertising, Marketing and Media review, May/June 05, “Integrating Marketing and PR”
- “Pitch”, The advertising, Marketing and Media review, March/April 05, “Advertising that works”
- “Pearls of Wisdom”, Volume 2, March 05, publication of Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, “Global and Local Brands”
- “The Economic Times, Corporate Dossier”, New Delhi, February ’05, “Laying a firm foundation”;
- “Markazine”, January ’05, publication of FMS Delhi, School of Management,“Innovation for effective sales promotion”;
- “Spandan”, January 05, Journal of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, “Developing new products: the way to sustain sales growth- Some Asian Experiences”;
- “4 P”, Journal of the Indian Institute of Planning and Management, October 04, “Packaging innovation, a decisive variable”;
- “La tecnica professionale”, Rome, April 97, “A new marketing approach to high speed train”;
- “Impresa e società” February 87 - “Evolution of financial brokerage in Italy”;
- “Impresa e società” November 86 - “Public Bonds, taxation and new Public policies”.