6-on-6 Indoor Soccer will be played Tuesday Nights at 7pm in Soiland Gym. Co-ed teams must have at least 2 of each gender on the field. Each game consists of 20-minute halves with running clocks.
Join the league!
- Registration Ends: 9/15
- Season Starts: 9/20
- When: Tuesday nights
- Where: Soiland Recreation Center
Check IMLeagues for the upcoming game schedule.
All participants must be aware and understand the General Intramural Sports Rules and abide by the Intramural Sports Code of Conduct. Captains have the responsibility of making sure that all of the members of their team understand the General Rules, the sport specific rules, and the Code of Conduct. We encourage teams to have a team meeting before play starts.
- Teams can have a maximum of 14 members and a minimum of 6 players. At least two members of each gender must be on the “field” at all times.
- Cal Lutheran NCAA Athletes cannot play in the same Intramural Sports (ex. IM Soccer)
as their Cal Lutheran NCAA Sport (NCAA Soccer); unless their Cal Lutheran NCAA athletic
eligibility is done (Seniors or players who have finished their last NCAA season and
have no more NCAA eligibility)
- Please view the following page for more information or for appropriate forms: NCAA Eligibility
- The field is the basketball court in the Gym, out of bounds is above the purple mats on the north side and the yellow line on the south side.
- Corner kicks are awarded for a ball kicked out by the defending team over the purple mats of their own goal. If the ball gets stuck behind the goal at any time or hits the side of the net, it will be either a corner kick or a goal kick, depending on which team put the ball out of play.
- Matches are played in 2 20-minute halves, with 5 minutes for half time. The clock will run continuously except for a team's or a referee's time-out (Injuries stop play.)
- There are no timeouts except for injury.
- Overtime: During the regular season, there will be no overtime or penalty kicks for games ending in ties. During the play-offs, the following system will be used. If after regulation time the game is tied, two 5-minute sudden death overtime periods will be played. The first goal that is scored wins. If the game is still tied, each team will take 5 penalty kicks alternately (note - the only players allowed to take penalty kicks are those who were on the court when the overtime period ended). The first penalty has to be taken by a female. If each team makes the same number of penalty kicks, then alternating sudden death penalty kicks will be taken. Penalty kicks are shots taken from the penalty marker.
- No black-soled shoes allowed.
- Shin guards are strongly recommended but not provided.
- An indoor soccer ball will be provided for play, teams must bring their own balls to warm-up.
Before the Game
Teams must report to the IM Sports desk 10 minutes before the start of their game in order to check-in, check id’s, and give their team roster. The captains of each team will participate in rock-paper-scissors.
During the Game
- All kicks are indirect kicks, expect for penalty kicks.
- The offside rule is not applicable in indoor soccer.
- Free substitutions during the game will be allowed. A high five will signal a substitution.
- Scoring: A goal is scored when the whole of the ball has passed over the goal line, between the goalpost, and under the crossbar, provided that it has not been thrown or carried by a player of the attacking side. Own goals scored are one point. A goal is scored when the entire ball has passed over the goal line, between the goal posts, and under the crossbar. One point will be awarded to the team.
- At the kickoff, the opposing team must remain 10 feet from the ball until it is kicked for the first time.
- During a drop ball situation, no player may touch the ball until it has touched the ground. In the event that play is suspended in the penalty area, the ball will be dropped at the nearest point outside the penalty area on one of the sides near the baseline. Once the referee has given the signal, the game will begin with a player kicking the ball in any direction. The kicker cannot touch the ball again until it has been touched by another player, otherwise, a free kick will be awarded to the opposing team.
- Mercy Rule: At 5 minutes left in the game, if the goal difference is 7 or more, the referees will stop reffing and scoreboard will be shut off. If there is still time, the teams can continue playing on the court.
- When one of the fouls that normally is punished by a direct free kick is committed in the penalty area, a penalty kick is awarded.
- A penalty kick is taken from the penalty mark.
- The player who is taking the kick has to start within the large circle. All players, with the exception of the player taking the kick and the opposing goalie, shall be within the field of play but outside of the penalty area, and at least 10 feet from the ball.
- The opposing goalie must stand without moving his/her feet between his/her own goalpost, so that both feet are on his/her goal line, until the ball is kicked.
- The player taking the kick must kick the ball forward, and may only kick the ball once. If the ball rebounds from the goalie's body, the player may kick the ball again. The ball must first touch another player or the goalie before the original kicker may touch the ball.
- THERE IS NO SLIDE TACKLING OR PLAYING ON GROUND. A slide with contact is an automatic
red. A slide without contact is a yellow.
- The referee will have a judgment call on whether or not the slide was intentional.
- There is zero tolerance for unsportsmanlike conduct (trash talk, verbal abuse, rough play (charging/slide tackling), damaging equipment/property), yellow/red cards will be given depending on severity.
- A second yellow card received by the same player will result in that player's ejection from the game, and the team's next contest.
- Yellow Cards:
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- Slide Tackling
- Automatic Red Cards. A red card will result in the immediate ejection of the player for the remainder of the game, and suspension from the team's next contest. No substitutions will be allowed for the disqualified player. A player may receive a red card without having received a yellow card. The decision is up to the discretion of the Intramural Staff.
- Purposely kicking the ball at a player with the intent to injure.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
- Obvious Denial of a Goal Scoring Opportunity
FOR CLARIFICATION ON ANY RULE, PLEASE ASK YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN TO ASK A REF