Agassy Rafik Manoukian, Ph.D.
Adjunct Faculty Member
DR. Agassy Manoukian is an Associate Professor of management who has joined as an Adjunct Professor CLU team in Summer 2018. He teaches Strategic Management, Project Management, Information Technology Management, Information Systems and Organization Design and Emerging Technologies and Issues courses. He has also been involved with California State University, Northridge and American University of Armenia. He holds PhD in Manufacturing and Technology Management (University of Toledo, OH, USA), Master of Business Administration in Finance and International Business (University of Toledo, OH, USA), Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (American University of Armenia, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (State Polytechnic University of Armenia) degrees. Dr. Manoukian has wide research interests, including operations management, entrepreneurship, partnership synergy technology commercialization, and clean-tech/renewable energy. He has a vast practical prior experience as president and CEO of a hydrogen fuel cell company, which he led for decade since its establishment. Also, Dr. Manoukian has been involved in a number of international and local projects in various roles, including as a leader, consultant, trainer, and mentor. He did consulting for World Bank, European Bank of Reconstruction and Development, Asian Development Bank as well as United Nations Industrial Development Organisation. He has coauthored several books and many scientific/research articles. Dr. Manoukian has delivered keynote speeches and presentations at professional and scientific conferences around the world.
Manufacturing and Technology Management, PhD, University of Toledo, Ohio, 2013
International Business and Finance, MBA, University of Toledo, Ohio, 2000
Industrial Engineering, Master of Engineering, American University of Armenia, 1996
Mechanical Engineering, Diploma, State Polytechnic Institute of Armenia, 1994
Technology Management, International Business, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Operations and Supply Chain Management
Wide research interests, including operations management, entrepreneurship, partnership synergy technology commercialization, and clean-tech/renewable energy.
1. V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, Innovative Renewable Energy Technology Projects’ Success through Partnership, International Journal of Energy Sector Management (accepted for publication on September 9, 2018, publication pending)
2. A. Manoukian, V. Odabashian, Operations Management View of Technology Innovation, 2017 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute: Proceedings. 2017, pp. 1286319 1 - 1286319 8
3. A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, A Proposed Framework for Renewable Energy Technology Commercialization and Partnership Synergy: A Case Study Approach, American Journal of Business, Volume 30, Issue 2, pp. 147 – 174, 2015.
4. A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, Technology Commercialization Review: Aiming at a Fresher Perspective Based on Partnership Synergy, International Journal of Management Research & Review, Volume 5, Issue 7, July 2015.
5. V. Odabashian, The UN Initiative “Sustainable Energy For All” and Results of a Study on Investment Environment For Sustainable Energy Development In Armenia, Annual Scientific Conference of the State Engineering University of Armenia, Yerevan, 2015.
6. A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, Impact of Management Compensation on Success of Startups. Proceedings of the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Tampa, FL, USA, 2014.
7. A. Manoukian, V. Odabashian, R. Mnatsakanyan, Certain Prospects of Higher Temperature PEM Fuel Cells Research and Development, 2006 Fuel Cell Seminar, Honolulu, HI, USA, November 13-16, 2006.
8. V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, A Hydrogen Outlook from a Transition Economy: Development of Hydrogen Fuel Cells by H2 ECOnomy in Armenia. The International Seminar on the Hydrogen Economy for Sustainable Development, Reykjavik, Iceland, September 28-29, 2006.
9. A. Tadevosyan, N. Beknazaryan, V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, G. Shushanyan, Optimized Decision Making in International Business and Marketing: Practical Problems, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2006, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
10. A. Manoukian, A. Tadevosyan, V. Odabashian and A. Lalayan, Manual on International Marketing, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2005, (in Armenian language, Manual adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
11. A. Manoukian, A. Tadevosyan, and V. Odabashian, International Management, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2004, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
12. V. Odabashian, A. Tadevosyan, and A. Manoukian, International Business Basics, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2003, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
13. G. Karamyan, R. Mnatsakanyan, H. Sargsyan, Kh. Gyulumyan, V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, V. Melikyan, V. Vardanyan, A. Danielyan, Development of Fuel Cells by H2 ECOnomy, 2003 Fuel Cell Seminar: Fuel Cells for Secure, Sustainable Energy, Miami Beach, FL, USA, November 3–6, 2003.