Service Level Agreement
The Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) provides services and support to the California Lutheran University (CLU) community, which includes every qualified faculty, staff and student. The purpose of this document is to clarify roles, expectations, and provide mechanisms for resolving problems.
- Terms and Scope of Agreement
- Scope of Service
- Supported Operating Systems
- User Responsibility
Terms and Scope of Agreement
ITS and the CLU user community agree to work together with mutual respect and courtesy.
This agreement will be reviewed annually in January.
ITS clients should contact the help desk with requests for new software, hardware and telecommunications services, and may contact the help desk about telephone, network, and software questions and problems, password problems, hardware problems, and general consultation. Questions regarding the use of or problems with software applications should be limited to the University sanctioned standard suite. Help desk requests for assistance will be handled according to an assigned priority and staff availability.
Scope of Service
ITS provides technical support for all computer and telephone equipment, software, printers and other peripherals owned by the university.
ITS provides network connectivity and virus protection to students in the residence halls. ITS will install network interface cards and cables for a fee. ITS will not provide any maintenance service to student owned personal computer, printer or any other peripherals.
ITS provides technical support for wireless internet access to all students, faculty and staff.
ITS provides technical support for dial access for all students, faculty and staff.
ITS will process requisitions, install, upgrade and support CLU owned personal computers and peripherals
Supported Operating System
Standard Desktop Software
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Publisher, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Fireworks, OnTime, Sophos Anti-virus, Eudora, WS_FTP, WinZip, telnet,. SPSS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat.
Due to issues of maintenance, troubleshooting, and system stability, unsupported software will not be installed on CLU systems, unless specifically authorized by the ITS Department. Additionally, installation of unlicensed copyrighted software is prohibited. Note that ITS is not responsible for the loss of data or productivity due to violation of this policy.
Users can help keep their computers running smoothly and can make it easier for ITS to assist them by doing a few simple things. The end user responsibilities include the following:
Report service problems promptly through proper channels. This means contacting the Help Desk via phone or e-mail.
Provide ITS with access to offices and computer equipment as needed.
- Make sure antivirus software is current and regularly updating virus definitions.
- Run windows Updates (or Mac updates) on a regular basis to insure a secure and stable system.
- Backup important files on a regular basis to network storage space or to appropriate backup media.
- The University has software licenses for the software that is available on CLUnet. Additions, removal, or transfer of such software without authorization is prohibited per U.S. Code, Title 17, Section 106.
- Consult with ITS before purchasing software or hardware.
- All moves of or changes to equipment/software must be reported and approved by ITS.
- Departments should relay to the help desk any personnel changes, so that equipment and accounts can be properly maintained and security holes narrowed