Centinela Valley Project
California Lutheran University's TRIO Upward Bound Program-CVP is a newly funded grant through the U.S. Department of Education. UBP-CVP will assist and inspire 60 students that attend Hawthorne and Leuzinger High Schools in the Centinela Valley Union High School District located in southwestern Los Angeles County. Upward Bound-CVP is a year-round support program that provides academic instruction through a six-week summer component.
During the academic year, you will participate in Saturday sessions which will help supplement your high school coursework with classes in reading comprehension, writing, math and science. In addition, students will be able to participate in cultural field trips and college tours.
Services provided by the program include:
- 6-week summer academic program
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, or personal counseling
- Tutorial services
- Mentoring programs
- Information on postsecondary education opportunities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Information on the full range of Federal Student Financial Aid programs and benefits
Guidance and assistance on secondary school reentry or alternative education programs; entry into general educational development programs or postsecondary education.
Mrs. Sylvia Walker
Mr. Cesar Perez
For additional information please contact:
Imelda Fernandez, Project Coordinator
805-493-3310 or email@example.com