Adjunct Faculty Council
The Adjunct Faculty Council (AFC) is an officially recognized, elected body of the shared governance at California Lutheran University. Founded in January 2022 with the support of the Provost, the AFC identifies and supports the unique needs of the adjunct faculty.
- Establishing channels of communication between adjunct faculty members and constituencies of the university.
- Increasing the visibility and participation of adjunct faculty members across the university.
- Providing methods in which matters of concern to adjunct faculty members may be raised, discussed and shared with university constituencies.
- Conducting elections for faculty senator(s) and Council members.
- Improving the quality of professional life for adjunct faculty members.
The 2023-23 Adjunct Faculty Council
- Vickie V. Chen, Chair (Mathematics)
- Chris Hardin, Vice-Chair (Music Production)
- Dr. Lizeth Lopez, Secretary (Psy. D - Clinical Psychology)
- Tim Weaver, MBA, Adjunct Faculty Senator (Bachelor's Degree for Professionals)
- Stephen P. Blum, Esq. (Graduate School of Education)
- Dr. Daniel Salyers (Religion)