People seek individual therapy for a variety of reasons. Individual therapy gives you time to focus on yourself, your strengths, and your areas for growth. During the initial phase of treatment, you and your therapist will create a plan for growth and healing. Individual therapy sessions are typically 45 minutes.
Goals may include:
- Healing past wounds for emotional wellness
- Learning communication skills and conflict resolution
- Increasing the ability to create and nurture relationships
- Reducing anxiety or depression
- Recovering from trauma
- Navigating life’s transitions
- Balancing work, school, social, and family life
- Learning to cope with chronic or life-threatening illness
- Strengthening and integrating your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual self
Currently enrolled students are eligible to receive up to eight (8) individual therapy sessions per academic year.