If you are experiencing an emergency call 911 or Campus Safety at (805) 493-3911.
Counseling and Psychological Services
A Cal Lutheran student considering suicide can receive immediate, confidential help from us during office hours.
A distressed student living on campus may also seek help from any Residence Life staff member.
Ventura County Behavioral Health Mobile Crisis Team
When CAPS is closed or when someone in distress prefers to seek off-campus help, call (866) 998-2243.
For confidential support, text "START" to 741-741.
Students of color may get specialized support by texting "STEVE" to 741-741.
Helplines, Hotlines, and National Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Hotlineprovides free and confidential emotional support 24/7 to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- The Trevor Project is a national 24-hour, toll-free confidential source of support for the LGBTQ community.
- Text "Trevor" to 1-202-304-1200
- Trevor Chat
- translifeline.org is a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people.
- Veterans Crisis Line confidentially connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified,
caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders.
- 1-800-273-8255, then press 1
- Text 838-255
- Veterans Chat
- RAINN is an anti-sexual assault organization working with local rape crisis centers across the U.S. The organization provides free, confidential hotline and chatline for anonymous support.
- nowmattersnow.org provides stories and research-based ways for managing the most painful moments of life.
- Emergency: (805) 493-3911
- Non-emergency: (805) 493-3208
Thousand Oaks Police Department
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: (805) 494-8200