CAPS offers crisis management during office hours. If you are experiencing a psychological emergency, a clinician will be able to assist
you. Please call (805) 493-3727 to get connected to a clinician from Monday-Friday,
8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m.
Outside of office hours, we advise you to call 911 or Campus Safety at (805) 493-3911, if you are on campus. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (Ayuda en Español al 1-888-628-9454) or text "START" to 741-741.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
A Cal Lutheran student considering suicide can receive immediate, confidential help from CAPS during office hours.
A distressed student living on campus may also seek help from any Residence Life staff member.
Ventura County Behavioral Health Mobile Crisis Team
When CAPS is closed or when someone in distress prefers to seek off-campus help, call (866) 998-2243.
For confidential support, text "START" to 741-741.
Students of color may get specialized support by texting "STEVE" to 741-741.
Helplines, Hotlines, and National Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Hotlineprovides free and confidential emotional support 24/7 to people in suicidal crisis
or emotional distress.
- Ayuda en Español 1-888-628-9454
- Crisis Text Line
- The National Hopeline Network, Suicide & Crisis Line provides 24/7 support from trained
- The Trevor Project is a national 24-hour, toll-free confidential source of support for the LGBTQ community.
- Text "Trevor" to 1-202-304-1200
- Trevor Chat
- translifeline.org is a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people.
- Veterans Crisis Line confidentially connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified,
caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders.
- 1-800-273-8255, then press 1
- Text 838-255
- Veterans Chat
- RAINN is an anti-sexual assault organization working with local rape crisis centers across the
U.S. The organization provides free, confidential hotline and chatline for anonymous support.
- Ayuda en Español
- NowMattersNow.org provides stories and research-based ways for managing the most painful moments of life.
Crime Prevention and Response
- Emergency: (805) 493-3911
- Non-emergency: (805) 493-3208
Thousand Oaks Police Department
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: (805) 494-8200
Help After a Crime
- National Center for Victims of Crime is the nation's leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims and those
who serve them.
- Victim Connect: Online Chat