If you are experiencing an emergency call 911 or Campus Safety at (805) 493-3911.
Student Counseling Services
A Cal Lutheran student considering suicide can receive immediate, confidential help from us during office hours.
A distressed student living on campus may also seek help from any Residence Life staff member.
Ventura County Behavioral Health Mobile Crisis Team
When SCS is closed or when someone in distress prefers to seek off-campus help, call (866) 998-2243 .
For confidential support, text "Start" to 741-741.
Online Help, Hotlines, and Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline provides free and confidential emotional support 24/7 to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- The Trevor Project is a national 24-hour, toll-free confidential source of support for the LGBTQ community.
- Text "Trevor" to 1-202-304-1200
- Trevor Chat
- translifeline.org is a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people.
- Veterans Crisis Line confidentially connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified,
caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders.
- 1-800-273-8255, then press 1
- Text 838-255
- Veterans Chat
- nowmattersnow.org provides stories and research-based ways for managing the most painful moments of life.
- ulifeline.org is an online resource for college mental health.
- Jed Foundation works to protect emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students.
- The Jason Foundation employs a "grass roots" approach with dedication to the prevention of youth suicide through educational and awareness programs.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is the nation's largest non-profit dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide.
- Emergency: (805) 493-3911
- Non-emergency: (805) 493-3208
Thousand Oaks Police Department
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: (805) 494-8200