DSS Forms & Resources
Accommodation Requests for DSS Students
- Testing Accommodation Request Form: The deadline during the semester/term is one week in advance of the scheduled in-class exam, with an exception for all exams occurring during the Traditional Undergrad Finals Week when the submission due date is earlier. NOTE: For all exams in all programs occurring during the week of December 10-13, 2018, the deadline to submit Testing Accommodation Requests is Monday, November 5th, 2018 by 5:00pm..
- Books in Alternative Format Request
- Notetaking Accommodation Request - *UPDATED INFORMATION:* Note taking requests will be submiited through Accommodate. When you activate through Accommodate, if note taking is one of your approved accommodations, you will see an Accessiblity Accommodation Request titled "Classroom Accommodations/Note Taking Services." Be sure the course or courses you would like to request a note taker for are "checked off!" Afteryou submit your Semester Activation through Accommodate and after it is reviewed by DSS, a note taker request(s) will be submitted on your behalf for any course which is checked off. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 805-493-3464 or email@example.com .
Registering with DSS
- Etiquette for Service Animal Team Interaction
- Notetaker Interest Form - Please fill out this form to let DSS know that you would be willing to provide notes for a fellow student with a disability, if needed. Please see the form for additional details and instructions.
- Request to Access DSS Records
Office for Civil Rights
This website comes from the U.S. Department of Education. It helps educate students with disabilities transitioning into college about their rights, their responsibilities, and general services provided at an institution. There is a thorough section with responses to the questions typically asked by students with disabilities as they head into college.