Rights & Responsibilities
We are pleased to work with you to keep you in good health. It is important that you understand your rights and responsiblities as a patient at Health Services so that we can work together to keep you well and healthy.
You have a right to expect and receive pleasant and courteous service.
You have a right to have your dignity as an individual recognized and respected, regardless of your race, age, sex, or lifestyle. You should expect that all clinicians will introduce themselves and will address you according to your preference.
You have a right to privacy. You should expect that your discussion of medical concerns, examination, and treatment will be conducted in private. You should expect that the presence of any individual in the room with you will be explained to you, and they will introduce themselves by their name and title.
You have the right to review your medical record and receive a copy of it if you so desire. A copy of your medical record is available in your Student Health Portal and can be viewed by clicking on "My Profile" in the top banner.
You have a right to know and understand:
- Our assessment of your problem.
- What tests are being done and why.
- The risks of any tests or treatment.
- Alternatives, if any, and their risks.
- The prospects for resolution of your problem.
- The charges, if any, for your care.
Your health is a shared responsibility. So that we may provide you with proper care, it is your responsibility to:
- Be an active participant in decisions regarding your health.
- Be honest and direct about everything that relates to your health care needs.
- Be sure you understand your health situation. If you do not understand the treatment plan or the test, ask the medical provider about it.
- Follow the prescribed plan. It is your responsibility to advise us if you cannot follow the treatment plan.
- Be courteous and respectful of Health Services' staff and other students and patients in our office.
- Call our office if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment.