High Quality, Low Cost Health Care


Whether it's preventive check-ups, treatment for acute illnesses, or management of chronic conditions, Health Services is here to meet the health care needs of Cal Lutheran students!


Services are provided only to students enrolled at Cal Lutheran who have paid the Health and Wellness Fee for the current semester/term. For information on the Health and Wellness Fee, please see Financial Aid's webpage on Tuition and Fees

Services Provided

  • Evaluation and treatment of acute illness, injury, and infection
  • Co-management of chronic illnesses, such as hypertension, asthma, and diabetes
  • Referrals to specialists as needed
  • Physical examinations for travel, work, and general health
  • Laboratory tests through Quest Diagnostics
  • Point of Care labs – rapid strep and flu tests, glucose finger sticks, urinalysis, urine pregnancy tests
  • Gynecologic services – pap smears, contraception, counseling
  • Immunizations – Tdap, Hepatitis B, MMR, Meningitis
  • Splints, slings, crutches for minor injuries
  • Minor procedures – laceration repair, I&D, skin biopsies, cryotherapy
  • Health education and counseling
  • Limited on-site prescription dispensing of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, antihistamines, acid reducers, analgesics. Students may elect to have their prescription sent to a local pharmacy to use insurance benefits.
  • Access to 24/7 free on-demand telehealth services through partnership with Timely Care from anywhere in the United States
  • Psychiatric services – out-patient psychiatrist available 1-2 days per week

Services Not Provided

  • Off Site Care: Health Services staff cannot provide off site assessment, evaluation, or treatment. Students who cannot travel safely to Health Services should either call Campus Safety at 805-493-3911 or call 9-1-1 for assessment by local medical first responders. For non-emergency medical conditions, students may also use the TimelyCare app to receive on-demand virtual care.
  • Overnight Care: Health Services does not have the capability to provide overnight or custodial care. If a medical provider feels you need close evaluation for a serious illness or injury, they may refer you to the local hospital (Los Robles Hospital) so that you can be admitted and receive the necessary care.  
  • Insurance Billing: Health Services does not file claims with any insurance companies and does not have provider agreements with any insurance providers. Students must pay any charges directly to Health Services. If a student wishes, a super bill may be provided to a student so that they can file a claim with their insurer. Any reimbursement is subject to provisions of the student’s insurance company’s reimbursement policy and are not the responsibility of Cal Lutheran Health Services.
  • Outside Prescriptions: Health Services does not fill prescriptions written by providers unaffiliated with Cal Lutheran Health Services. For prescriptions written by other medical providers, Health Services staff can direct students to local pharmacies.
  • On-Site Radiology: Health Services does not have on-site radiology or imaging services, such as X-rays, CT scans, or MRIs. If a medical provider feels such services are necessary, students will be referred to a local, off-campus provider.
  • Physical Therapy: If a medical provider feels a student would benefit from physical therapy, they will be referred to an off-campus provider.
  • Allergy Immunotherapy: Health Services does not perform allergy immunotherapy or allergy injections. Students should follow up with their allergist for treatments.
  • Automobile Accidents: Health Services is unable to treat injuries sustained as a result of automobile accidents. We recommend anyone suffering injury from an automobile accident seek care at an urgent care or emergency room as soon as possible in order to get appropriate documentation, treatment, and referrals.
  • Work Injuries: Health Services is unable to treat injuries that occurred while working as an employee of the university. If you are a student worker who suffers an injury while working, and you need immediate treatment, please seek care at a local urgent care or emergency room. In addition, as soon as possible, contact your supervisor and Human Resources to discuss worker's compensation.