GradGuard Renters Insurance
Cal Lutheran has partnered with GradGuard, which offers a College Renters Insurance Program that is specifically designed for students.
GradGuard Renters Insurance is a smart investment for college students and their families. With the GradGuard Renter’s Insurance plan, personal items that are stolen or damaged by a covered cause of loss can be replaced, subject to a $100 deductible. GradGuard Renters Insurance also protects students financially from large scale, unintentional damage they may cause to their residence hall or bodily injury they may cause to others for which they are legally liable.
Features of GradGuard Renters Insurance include:
- Low $100 Deductible. Compared to $500, $1,000 or more for a typical homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Replacement Cost. If your personal property is stolen or damaged due to a covered cause of loss, it can be replaced with an item of like kind and quality, without penalty for depreciation.
- Worldwide coverage. Your personal belongings can be protected anywhere in the world.
- Electronics coverage. Your electronics, including your TV, laptop, smartphone and tablet, are covered up to the policy limits.
- Personal Liability Coverage. If you cause damage to university property or injure others, you may be liable for the damages. Renters Insurance from GradGuard provides up to $300,000 in personal liability coverage. For example, if you unintentionally set off your building’s sprinkler system, liability protection can help pay for the resulting damages.
- An alternative to Homeowners Insurance. Unlike Homeowners Insurance, your premium will not increase if you make a claim on the policy.