Visit the Parents & Families website for resources throughout your student's time at Cal Lutheran.
The transition to college is one of the biggest steps your student will take in their life. However, your student is not the only person making a transition. While they are learning how to live on their own and making their own decisions, you, too are confronted with a new set of circumstances.
Whether your student is living at home or on campus, you will most likely see your role as a family member change. Family Orientation has been created to make this transition as stress-free as possible.
There are no events current scheduled.
You will have the opportunity to hear from several different offices around campus. Some of the family sessions include:
Academic Services and Financial Guidance
- Academic Services: Excellence and achievement are par for the course at Cal Lutheran. Support and accessibility services are available to make sure you have every opportunity to succeed. Hear about how parents can access their students' grades, the 4 to Finish program, and other class and schedule information.
- Financail Aid and Student Accounts: Learn the basics of loans, federal aid, maintaining your student account, and how to navigate new policies and payment options.
Multicultural and Study Abroad Opportunities
- Multicultural Programs: Learn about the variety of Culture and Justice Clubs on campus, the amazing multicultural video and book library, the cultural programs, and unique leadership opportunities available through this office.
- Study Abroad: A semester abroad is more affordable than you might think. Cal Lutheran offers opportunities to study in over 70 countries. Hear more about this important part of Cal Lutheran's mission to educate leaders for a global society.
Student Life, Career Services, and Campus Safety
- Student Life: Learn about the best ways to get your student involved and connected at Cal Lutheran. Discover the various programs that Student Life provides to keep your student engaged and active on campus.
- Career Services: Learn about how your student can access the lifetime services provided by Career Services, including resume and cover letter review, career counseling, internships, and part-time employment opportunities.
- Campus Safety: Learn the function of Campus Safety, how it serves the CLU community, and some steps students need to take to stay safe and protect their property.
Counseling and Psychological Services and Health Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services provides professional, confidential psychological counseling services free of charge to registered Cal Lutheran students and psychological education and consultation to the entire campus community. Students are seen by appointment or, if experiencing a psychological crisis, on a walk-in basis.
- Health Services will address what services are available, which students are eligible to use our office, and the cost of services. Patient confidentiality and some of our policies will also be discussed.