Before your arrival for New Student Orientation, there are a few things you need to have completed. Below is a checklist of the actions you need to take. If you complete each of these items, your move-in and check-in process will be expedited.
If you do not find answers to your questions here, please contact the Student Life Office at (805) 493-3197 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your MyCLU Account
Make sure you are able to access your MyCLU account by changing the default password if you have not already done so. If you do not know your username or default password, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or (805) 493-3698.
- Go to www.callutheran.edu/password.
- Enter the username and default password you were given in your admission materials.
- Choose a new password that only you will remember. Click "Change Password" to confirm.
2. MyCLU Portal & Email
The MyCLU Portal is a single access point for your Cal Lutheran email account, Blackboard, WebAdvisor, and more.
- Log in at www.callutheran.edu/myclu.
- Check your email at least once a week throughout the summer and daily during the academic year. Offices such as Financial Aid, Academic Services, and Student Accounts will only use this email address to contact you.
3. Complete online Health Services Forms by Wednesday, August 1, 2018
All students must complete and send in all Health Services forms.
Online forms and immunization compliance will be available by mid-June. Information regarding this will be emailed to deposited students in May. For information regarding required vaccinations, please visit: https://www.callutheran.edu/students/health-services/policies/
4. Get Financial Clearance by Friday, August 3, 2018
Financial clearance is achieved when three things happen:
- The student returns a signed and completed Payment Contract to the Business Office and
- One of the following:
- The student remits payment for the estimated balance due on the pre-bill, via check or cash
- OR The student signs up for a Monthly Payment Plan to schedule automatic payments covering their outstanding account balance
- OR The student’s financial aid more than covers the tuition, fees, room and board expenses.
- The student completes a Master Promissory Note. Note: You will need to log in with your MyCLU username and password to submit this form.
Please note that students without financial clearance may have their enrolled courses cancelled before the first day of class. For questions regarding your account, please contact Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3173 and/or (805) 493-3180.
5. Complete Financial Aid Information
To learn more about this item, visit the Financial Aid: Next Steps website.
- File your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov (Our FAFSA code is 001133).
- If needed, submit additional verification documents.
- View and accept your Financial Aid Award through WebAdvisor on your MyCLU Portal. If you are accepting loans, then proceed to complete the loan application process by clicking on the link "Apply for your loans."
For questions regarding financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or (805) 493-3115.
6. Register for New Student Orientation by Friday, August 3, 2018
- Register for New Student Orientation starting on July 9.
- Because meals will be provided for you and your guests during New Student Orientation, we need to know how many people will be attending, as well as any dietary needs they may have.
For questions regarding New Student Orientation, please contact at (805) 493-3197.
7. Submit the Forrest Fitness Center Waiver by Friday, August 3, 2018
The Forrest Fitness Center is available for use by all currently enrolled students. Students must fill out the waiver online prior to use.
For questions regarding the Forrest Fitness Center, please contact Joel Canacoo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3523.
8. Veterans, GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program by Monday, August 6, 2018
Veteran students will need to:
- Submit forms to start GI Bill file.
- Attend GI Bill student session during orientation.
- Submit certification request.
Contact the Veteran Resource Office for more information x3648 or email at email@example.com.
9. Submit a Housing Application, Deposit, and Check-in Form
If you are planning to live on campus, you will need to complete an online Housing Application. This is your opportunity to help us find a roommate that matches your interests, so please answer all questions as honestly and completely as possible.
- Complete the Housing Application.
- Submit your housing deposit at www.callutheran.edu/deposit.
- Complete the Residence Hall Check-in form.
For questions regarding Residence Life, please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3220.
10. Register Your Vehicle for a Free Parking Permit
Complete the online Vehicle Registration form to receive a permit for your vehicle.
11. Upload a Picture for Your ID Card
You will need to submit your picture to Campus Safety for your Cal Lutheran ID card. You should do this before New Student Orientation. Your ID card will be issued to you when you arrive for orientation. Online photos will be accepted through August 19, 2018. For questions regarding Campus Safety, please contact Campus Safety via the non-emergency line at (805) 493-3208.
12. Enroll in the "4 to Finish" Program
If you are a first-year student and would like to enroll in the "4 to Finish" Program, you are required to complete the contract, and return it to Academic Services before the due date in October.
For questions regarding 4 to Finish, please contact Academic Services at email@example.com or (805) 493-3105.