Start Your Master’s Degree as an Undergraduate
Are you thinking about a master’s degree in business, public policy, or technology? Save time and up to $8,100 by applying for a 4+1 program before starting your senior year at Cal Lutheran!
Take up to three graduate courses during your senior year
Admission is based on having senior status at Cal Lutheran and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Complete your undergraduate degree requirements
Earn your B.A. or B.S. and walk the stage at Commencement
Continue your graduate program courses as a full-time student
Complete your degree in as little as one additional year—and save up to $8,100!
An MBA puts you in control of your career path by giving you a grounding in core business skills. Choose from six emphasis areas to focus on your area of interest. Attend classes on-campus, online, or both. Learn more about the MBA
MBA in Financial Planning
15 courses (MBA), 12 courses (MS)
These programs are among the country's most intensive and comprehensive master-level programs for financial planning. Attend classes fully online. Learn more about the MBA-FP
MS in Information Technology
Our program balances both business and technology elements, preparing you to work and lead within the IT field. Choose a track in Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, or IT Management. Learn more about the MSIT
Master of Public Policy and Administration
Meet and exceed the evolving demands of the public, private, and nonprofit sectors with your MPPA. You'll blend practice and theory in a highly respected, practical, and flexible program of study. Learn more about the MPPA
MS in Quantitative Economics
In our M.S. in Quantitative Economics program, you’ll be exposed to more econometrics, financial economics and theory than most master’s programs, and be a practicing economist in one year. Learn about the MSQE
How do I get admitted?
- Admission is based on having senior status at Cal Lutheran and a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Contact the Graduate Admissions Office at (805) 493-3325 or email@example.com to learn how to apply
How do I take courses?
- Meet with an advisor to make your course selections.
- Start taking graduate courses during the fall or spring semesters of your senior year
- Take up to a total of 3 courses during your senior year
- If you continue attending the graduate program as a full-time student after completing your undergraduate degree, you can earn your degree in as little as one year
- With evening, weekend, and online courses, as well as short term study abroad options you have the flexibility to complete your degree while still pursuing your career aspirations!
- Graduate course options available to meet prerequisite requirements
What are the costs?
During your senior year, graduate courses will be included in your normal tuition as long as you take 12 undergraduate credits and do not exceed 18 total credits per semester
- Once fully admitted to the graduate program, the tuition is the regular tuition per credit for your graduate program's courses at Cal Lutheran
Contact Us to Learn More
If you're interested in a 4+1 program, let us put together a personalized plan for you. Fill out this form to hear from our Graduate Admission office.
What Students Have to Say
Amara Gwyn '16, MBA '19
I would tell someone interested in the 4+1 program to do it. It is scary and hard, but it creates an opportunity to make yourself different than others. Also, now as everyone in my class is graduating a lot of people have told me they wish they had known about this program because they would have done it.
4+1 Student, MBA
Alexander Cervelli '19, MBA '20
The 4+1 program is very flexible and since I was able to take graduate level classes as an undergraduate student, it sped up the timeframe of obtaining my MBA. The class options the MBA program offers, including weekend and online courses, made it easier to progress in the program even when work became more demanding.
4+1 Student, MBA