How to Apply
To apply to the Masters in Psychology graduate programs, please submit your application materials by the priority deadline date.
Note: All Psychology programs begin in fall semester only
- Start your application online at CalLutheran.edu/apply.
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms-list recommenders name and contact information in your application.
- Submit Application
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended and any graduate work. Official transcripts must be ordered and sent directly
to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcript if available at your institution.
By email: By mail:
If a selection list is available please choose: California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University 60 West Olsen Road, #2200
or use the following email address Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
for direct entry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official transcripts from college/university where prerequisite courses were completed must also be sent
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Log in to your Application Portal after submission of your completed application in order to upload or fill out remaining application materials.
- Personal statement-Please include no more than two typewritten pages covering significant influences and events which have developed your present values and approach to life. Include ways in which these factors may contribute to preparation of a psychology profession. Also include your personal interests and goals, and your professional objectives as they relate to MFT.
- Prerequisite requirement form-Applicants are required to have at least 3 credit hours of statistics with a grade of B or higher preferred and an additional 9 hours of undergraduate or graduate psychology courses. Courses must have been completed within the last 7 years. Grade of B or better preferred.
- Resume or CV
- $25.00 Online Application fee
- Official GRE Scores
- Recommended but not required.
- Optional-call 805-493-3325 to schedule a phone or walk-in admission appointment