How to Apply
The priority deadline for the following fall semester is January 15. Applications received after the deadline will be considered if there is still space available in the cohort.
- Completed Application
- $25 online application fee
- Official transcripts from all four year colleges/universities attended and any graduate
Note: You must also submit official transcripts from any college where you satisfied prerequisite courses
- Personal Statement
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms: Must be professional or academic references
- The general test for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is recommended but not required. The test should be taken within the past 5 years. 50th percentile on the Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing scales is preferred. The psychology subject test of the GRE is recommended but not required. Cal Lutheran's GRE school code is 4088, for more information visit the GRE website at http://www.ets.org/gre.
- Prerequisite Requirement Form: At least 3 credit hours of statistics and an additional 9 hours of undergraduate or graduate psychology courses. Grades of B or higher are preferred.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
If you are selected to interview for the Marital and Family Therapy program, we will contact you to visit campus for a mandatory half-day interview. (International and out-of-state students may substitute campus interviews with Skype interviews, but campus interviews are preferred.)
During the campus interview, you will be asked to meet both individually and in a group setting. Interview questions range from inquiries about professional goals to personal areas of strengths and weaknesses.
Directions & Parking
Please drive to our main campus in Thousand Oaks. The Marital and Family Therapy program is located inside the Bell House at:
3263 Pioneer Avenue
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
(View on campus map)
You can park in any general lot, denoted by a "G" lettered sign.
Reminders & Tips
- Make sure to wear business/professional attire.
- You do not need to bring any application materials to your interview.
- Water will be provided, but please feel free to bring snacks if needed.
When will I know if I've been admitted?
You will be notified of your admission status approximately one month after you interview. You will receive an email and hard copy letter from the Cal Lutheran Graduate Admission Office.