Transferring from a U.S. or International College or University
The following application instructions will help you successfully complete the application process as a transfer student. Please note that admission and scholarship consideration will not be given until all of your application materials are received.
- March 15 - Priority Deadline for Fall Semester admission
- June 15 - Regular Decision Deadline for Fall Semester admission
- October 1 - Deadline for Spring Semester admission
Admission Requirements for transfer students:
- Completion of freshman English (college level) with a grade of "C" or better
- Completion of a college level math course required, but for admission purposes, we will require successful completion of intermediate algebra as it is the prerequisite for all college level math courses. No credit will be given for intermediate algebra as it is not a transferable course. College level math courses include college algebra, finite math, pre-calculus, calculus, etc.
- Completion of 30 transferable units (if you have less than 30 units, your final high school transcripts will also be used in the admission decision)
- A minimum 2.75 transferable GPA
If you are transferring from an international school:
Submit official score report from one of the following English proficiency tests: CLU requires minimum scores for each of the following:
- Duolingo English Test: 105
- TOEFL: 213 on the computer-based test, 550 on the paper-based test, 79 on the internet-based test
- IELTS: 6.5
- Pearsons (PTE): 58
- Students will meet our English proficiency requirements by completing ELS Level 112, English for Academic Purposes.
Students who would like the opportunity to add an optional interview to their application review can do so in one of the following ways:
- Visit campus. It is a great way to explore Cal Lutheran, connect with current students and meet with an admission counselor. Tours and interviews are available Monday through Friday in the morning or afternoon
- Meet with an admission representative if they are visiting your area or through Skype, WeChat, WhatsApp, Line, or another video conferencing app.
- Students in Asia have the option to interview with Vericant. California Lutheran University, in partnership with Vericant, provides in-person interviews for international applicants interested in showcasing English communication skils, unique experiences, and professionalism as a part of their overall application review.