Transfer to Cal Lutheran
Transferring to Cal Lutheran is a smart move. You’ll continue your education in an environment that gives you personal attention and supports your goals.
You'll work closely with your professors who will challenge, guide, and champion you along your college journey, as you pursue your purpose and prepare for a fulfilling career.
Among the many benefits of transferring to Cal Lutheran are:
- IGETC and CSU Breadth transfer agreements
- Your academic adviser will evaluate your transcript, give you an on-the-spot admission decision and work with you to create a plan for success
- You’ll get into the classes you need, so you can graduate sooner
- You’ll choose from 36 majors and 35 minors
- Small classes emphasize faculty-student interaction
- 4+1 programs allow you to take graduate courses during your senior year and complete a master’s degree in as little as one additional year.
- A variety of events, clubs and opportunities for student involvement
- Completion of freshman English (college level) with a grade of "C" or better
- Completion of a college level math course required, but for admission purposes, we will require successful completion of intermediate algebra as it is the prerequisite for all college level math courses. No credit will be given for intermediate algebra as it is not a transferable course. College level math courses include college algebra, finite math, pre-calculus, calculus, etc.
- Completion of 30 transferable units (if you have less than 30 units, your final high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores will also be used in the admission decision)
- A minimum 2.75 transferable GPA
Transfer Your Credits
We have transfer agreements with several local community colleges. Find out which core curriculum and major requirements will transfer.
Scholarships and other financial aid opportunities are available up to $20,000. This year 99% of new transfer students received aid.
If you maintain full-time status, you can graduate quickly — the average time to complete a degree for transfer students is 2.2 years.
I was searching for the right place to complete my degree. Cal Lutheran offered the individual attention, small classes and comfortable environment I was looking for. The class projects were interesting and applicable to my current job. And now, I have a degree I am proud of.Diana Verduzco ’15