Educational Effectiveness Workshops
Ongoing workshops provide information and support to faculty, administrators, and staff regarding educational effectiveness. PowerPoint presentations, listed in alphabetical order, are used to communicate the information.
- Program Review Data June 2006. A follow-up to the introduction to the 2006/07 Program Review Process with a look at data resources available.
- Program Review Process April 2006. An introduction to the 2006/07 Program Review Process.
- Program Review Resources March 2007. An introduction to the 2007/08 Program Review Process and supportive resources available.
- Adding Challenge to Challenge and Engagement February 2006. The NSSE criteria for challenge and engagement is cross-referenced to CLU’s challenge and engagement definitions by the Assessment Committee.
- Assessment Cycle Deans’ Council February 2006. An overview of the Assessment Cycle featuring the 2006 Assessment Symposium and Program Review.
- Assessment Symposium Overview Student Affairs August 2006. The purpose, features, and 4-step model described in this overview presented to Student Affairs.
- CLU’s Student Learning Outcomes. The 8 Student Learning Outcomes and their definitions.
- Course “Evaluations”: A Strategic Approach January 2006. A Teaching and Learning presentation about assessment, evaluation, and strategies to plan, reflect, and make changes based on course evaluation data.
- Data and Assessment Warehouse: A Treasure Chest of Assets April 2006. A WASC Annual Meeting presentation describing the CLU’s data and assessment warehouse.
- Data Collection and Data Mining February 2006. A Faculty Research Series presentation.
- Educational Effectiveness Fall 2006. A faculty retreat presentation linking educational effectiveness to evidence and the use of evidence.
- Educational Effectiveness in Action: Mathematics Assessment January 2007. A faculty development workshop highlighting annual assessment strategies that continue the Program Review process.
- Educational Effectiveness: Assessing WIC Student Learning Outcomes October 2006. An Assessment Committee presentation of Written Communication, Information Literacy, and Critical Thinking Student Learning outcomes data.
- Educational Effectiveness: Assessment for Learning October 2006. A School of Business presentation.
- Indirect and Direct Evidence November 2006. A faculty meeting presentation comparing indirect and direct evidence through examples.
- Informing Practice through Quality Assessment July 2006. Applying the four components of the Assessment Cycle.
- Key Performance Indicators April 2006. A report summarizing alignment of strategic goals with indicators and measures.
- Teaching Excellence: Achieving Student Learning Through Challenge & Engagement March 2006. A Teaching and Learning presentation describing ways to achieve teaching excellence by sharing strategies, resources, research assignments and practical tips designed to increase student challenge and engagement in learning.
- Writing Learning Outcomes for Information Literacy Instruction October 2006. A workshop presented to Information Specialists.