Join us this fall for our annual research symposium.
Undergraduate student scholars will present short research talks and an interactive research poster session. Be inspired by their recent findings and innovative ideas in fields such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Exercise Science, Psychology, Political Science, and Religion. Students look forward to engaging in scientific discussion and networking with you.
Here's a brief summary of what attendees can expect:
DateSaturday, October 7, 2023
TimeTalks: 10:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Posters: 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Admission is free and open to students, alumni, faculty, and the community
- The symposium will feature short research talks, where undergraduate student scholars will present their findings and ideas in various fields such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Exercise Science, Psychology, Political Science, and Religion.
- An interactive research poster session will provide an opportunity to engage more deeply with the research projects and have meaningful discussions with the students.
- Attendees will have the chance to network with the student researchers, fostering scientific discussions and potentially discovering collaboration opportunities.
- The event showcases the work of top students who have dedicated their summer to full-time
research and creative projects in collaboration with faculty mentors.
Funding and Support
- The impressive immersion of students in research is made possible by the generous support of donors and federal grants. This year, over 50 Cal Lutheran students have been funded by fellowships, including the Swenson Science Summer Research Fellowships, John Stauffer Research Fellowships in the Chemical Sciences, Culver Behavioral Science Fellowship, Fletcher Jones Fellowship, Pearson Scholars Summer Program for Leadership and Engagement in a Global Society, G.A. Foster Family Foundation, and Cal Lutheran.
- Additional funding has been provided by external sources, such as the National Science
Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education grant program ALLIES in STEM, and the
Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program.
Abstract Submission Form
Research Abstracts and Virtual Posters
Want to see the abstracts and posters from research being presented at the symposium?
Thank You to Our Sponsor
Student Research Symposium is sponsored by the Office of Research: firstname.lastname@example.org