How to Apply
Note: All Doctorate of Education programs begin in the Summer semester only.
- Complete the application online at CalLutheran.edu/apply
- Recommendation Forms (2)
- List your recommenders name and contact information on the Recommender page of your online application. Recommendations should come from recommenders who know you professionally, academically, or in related volunteer experience that are in a supervisory role over you and not from personal relationships (e.g. no friends or family members). Cal Lutheran will send the required form to your recommenders. There is a space at the end of the form for your recommender to upload their Recommendation Letter. You do not need to wait for your recommenders to send in their recommendations to continue with your application.
- Complete the rest of the application, sign, and submit
- A bachelor's and master's degree are required. Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended verifying bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Official transcripts must be ordered
and sent directly to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcript if available at your institution.
If a selection list is available please choose:
California Lutheran University or use the following email address for direct entry: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Lutheran University
60 West Olsen Road, #2200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
Finalizing Your Application
After submission of your completed application, go to your Application Portal where you can upload or fill out the remaining application materials.
- $30 non-refundable Online Application fee
- Personal statement
- Professional Resume demonstrating 5+ years of professional experience in an education-related field
- Writing sample - 10 page minimum
In addition to the above application requirements, International Students are required to provide the following:
- A bachelor's and master's degree are required. Official transcripts and degree certificates or certified true copies in English of all college and university records must be sent directly from each institution to CLU
- Students are required to complete an official transcript evaluation stating their degree is equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree. The evaluation must include GPA equivalence and course-by-course listing, done by a NACES member company. CLU recommends two providers who have offered CLU applicants a streamlined process for obtaining an evaluation. These are IEE and SpanTran.
- Language Proficiency
- Minimum acceptable scores for: Duolingo English Test score: 120; TOEFL score: 88; IELTS score: 6.5; Pearson’s (PTE Academic) score: 58; Completion of ELS 112
- Applicants who earn a bachelor's degree in an English-speaking country may have the proof of English proficiency requirement waived on a case-by-case basis. Please contact International Admission for more information: email@example.com.
- Financial Responsibility Statement or Official Bank Statement (required post admission)
- Copy of Passport (required post admission)