We offer two graduate degrees and a certificate option to help financial planners and advisors develop their skills and advance their careers.
Both degrees are offered in two tracks:
- Track 1: Degree + eligibility to take the CFP® exam
- Track 2: Degree only for those who already have CFP® certification
Balance financial planning knowledge with core business skills.
The MBA degree provides students with the skills needed to transform a planning practice into a planning business, or pursue a leadership position with a firm.
- 15 courses (45 units)
- 8 business and 7 financial planning courses
Master of Science in
Focus on building your financial planning and advisory skillsets.
The MS degree is designed for students who want to specialize in a particular aspect of financial planning or wealth management by choosing from a variety of elective courses.
- 12 courses (36 units)
- Choose elective courses to specialize
For individuals who want to gain eligibility to sit for the CFP® exam.
The certificate is designed for professionals or career changers who seek to acquire the skills necessary to become a certified financial planner.
- 8 courses (24 units)
- The fast track to earn your CFP®
All programs offer the following benefits:
- Take courses fully online
- Start the program at any of the year-round terms
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- USDLA-award-winning online classes
- Ranked by US News and World Report among the top 20 schools in the Western United States
The CFP® Board is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization that requires education,
ethics requirements, examination, and experience for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
certificants. Along with completing the financial planning coursework and passing
the CFP® Certification Examination, the CFP® Board also requires successful CFP® certificants
to have financial planning-related work experience and adhere to their Code of Ethics
and Professional Responsibility.
The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.