Bucholz-Derr World Language Scholarship
The Bucholz-Derr World Language Scholarship is an apply-to scholarship to Callutheran students in their senior year who are majoring in French, German or Spanish who plan to teach world languages in a middle or high school setting. Scholarship applications will open and close in the Spring and review assignments by the Languages and Cultures Department and the Financial Aid Office will be done after the close of the application period. GPA and need is a factor for the student who will receive the scholarship.
About the Bulcholz-Derr Endowed Fund
George Bucholz (27 year CalLutheran employee) and his wife Mary created this endowed scholarship in 1973. In June 2009, Georgia Derr, George and Mary’s daughter added her name to the scholarship. Georgia earned her Master’s degree at CalLutheran and, as an employee of the US Department of Defense, taught Spanish and French for many years in the Okinawa District of the Pacific Region.
- Best Colleges Financial Aid
This database has over 19,000 scholarships available! Act quick and apply now!
- Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship Programs
- The Debt Free College Degree
- Ventura County Community Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarships for African American and Black Students
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Student Scholarships