Positive Cases and Cal Lutheran Return to "Purple Tier"
Cal Lutheran Students, Staff, and Faculty,
I want to let you know that a number of students have tested positive for COVID-19 following an off-campus gathering and outline the steps we are taking in response.
Cal Lutheran’s Health Services was notified last week that a student living off campus tested positive, and staff members immediately began tracing their contacts and directing close contacts to get tested and quarantine. This uncovered several more cases traced to the off-campus gathering, which was attended by some residential students and other students living off campus who have been in university facilities.
So far, eight students who may have been on our Thousand Oaks campus while they were contagious have tested positive. Seven other students who have not been on campus also tested positive. Those living on campus were moved into isolation, and the others have been instructed to isolate themselves. Residential students who had close contact with someone who tested positive have been moved into quarantine.
In coordination with Ventura County Public Health, we tested more than 200 students on Sunday and will test up to 350 additional students by the end of the day Tuesday in order to quickly identify other possible cases. Most of these students were not identified as close contacts, but may have been in the same buildings as students who tested positive or interacted with people who were close contacts.
The KNOW page will be updated with the latest case counts on Tuesday morning.
Effective immediately, we will return to operating under the rules governing the state’s more restrictive “Purple Tier” in which we began the semester rather than the “Red Tier” Ventura County entered on Oct. 6. This means:
- Indoor lectures will no longer be permitted.
- Lab and studio usage is permitted, but instructors are encouraged to make other arrangements for the last week of class.
- Activity inside Forrest Fitness Center will no longer be permitted.
- Indoor chapel services will no longer be permitted.
- Indoor meetings or organized activities will no longer be permitted.
- Indoor student advising will no longer be permitted.
- Indoor dining at Ullman Dining will no longer be permitted.
In addition, the Merry Morning Cheer scheduled for Wednesday has been canceled. The other Merry Morning Cheer dates will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.
Please continue to follow the guidance on our KNOW page and adhere to the Cal Lutheran Compact. Remember to report COVID-19 symptoms, testing and test results to Covid19reporting@callutheran.edu. Thank you for all you are doing to help protect our community.
Please email email@example.com or contact me directly regarding any questions.
- Fall 2022 COVID Protocol
Fri August 19, 2022
The following is presented to provide information regarding Fall 2022 Cal Lutheran COVID protocols.
- COVID Policies, and Prospective Update in August
Wed July 20, 2022
As we approach Fall 2022, please know that the Cabinet and members of the Pandemic Planning Group are monitoring on a regular basis the following issues.
- Summer Term 2022, COVID Protocol Updates
Thu May 19, 2022
The following protocols will be in effect on May 23, 2022.
- Changes to Cal Lutheran COVID Protocol Effective March 12
Thu March 10, 2022
Based on numerous changes to federal, state, local, and Cal-OSHA COVID guidance, Cal Lutheran is updating institutional COVID protocol.
- Cal Lutheran to Retain Existing Mask Policy
Sat February 12, 2022
Cal Lutheran will continue to operate within CDC parameters, and will not make any changes to existing mask protocol.
- State Testing Site at Cal Lutheran Thousand Oaks Campus Opens January 24
Fri January 21, 2022
Individuals now have access to testing on the Thousand Oaks Campus and via free home testing.
- Access to Undergraduate Spring Classes
Tue January 18, 2022
Learn how to log in to your virtual classes for the start of the Spring semester.
- Winter and Spring 2022 Operations – Virtual Classes Week of January 17
Wed January 12, 2022
Classes across all academic programs at the University will meet virtually from January 17 to January 23.
- Submitting Booster Information & New Isolation/Quarantine Protocol
Thu January 6, 2022
Effective January 18, 2022, all students must show evidence of having received a booster (medical exemptions will be reviewed).
- Spring 2022 Classes and COVID Status
Fri December 31, 2021
After careful consideration please know that classes will resume as follows.