The Library has over 60 computers available for students, staff, and faculty to use for their studies. We have both Macs and PC's.
Available for Student Checkout Only
- Apple VGA Adapters
- MagSafe 2 Power Adapters
- Samsung USB-C Charger
- Samsung Micro USB Chargers
- Apple USB-C MacBook 87W Chargers
- Lighting Cables and Adapters
- Mac Power Adapters
- DVD Players
- The Library has 2 printers available for student use. While CLU faculty and staff can use these machines, they are expected to print primarily through their department offices.
- Students will pay for printing through their GoPrint accounts. CLU provides each student with $100 of printing funds each academic year.
- To add money to your GoPrint account, please email the HelpDesk at email@example.com or call 805-493-3698. You will need to provide your name and CLU username.
- Printers can print single-sided or double-sided.
- Library printers do not print in color. For color printing services, see Printing Services
- The Library has 1 copy machine, located near the 2 printers.
- The copy machine only accepts cash (bills or change).
- Print copies are 10 cents per page (20 cents for a double-sided document).
- Copy cards may be purchased at the Circulation Desk.
- Pearson Library has 2 small scanners. They are both located in the general computer lab area near the Writing Center.
- Scanning is free, but copyright rules apply to all scanning projects.
Only Students, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni are permitted in the library computer lab area and only when doing university-related business. Do not download any software onto campus computers. All software must be approved and installed by Help Desk technicians. This includes instant messaging services. Community Borrowers and Local Teacher Patrons are limited to using the computers to access our library catalog. No other computer access or function is permitted. Don’t forget to bring your flash drive with you to the library. The library does not provide flash drives. It is suggested that you email your coursework to yourself as well as save it to a flash drive as flash drives can become corrupted or otherwise damaged.
- Wireless Internet
Everyone with a MyCLU account has access to the wireless network on campus. Feel free to lounge in one of our many study spaces throughout the library with your wireless devices.
Patrons can make photocopies of their documents for $0.10 per page. Copies can be paid with a copy card (which can be purchased at the Circulation Desk) or with US $1 bills and coins. The copier only copies in black and white. If you are in need of color copies please visit Printing Services.
Printing is limited to one original copy. Additional copies may be made using the photocopiers available at the front of the Library. CLU Students may print from any computer in the Pearson Library using their GoPrint accounts. Community Members may use Printing Services for their printing needs, or visit their local public library. For their convenience, staff and faculty have a limited amount of funds available on their GoPrint accounts to print at the library, and in any labs on campus. However, the bulk of staff and faculty printing should be done at their department office.
In the general computer lab a scanner is available for your scanning purposes. The scanner can scan documents on letter sized (8.5” x 11”) paper. For documents on larger paper please visit Printing Services.
- Microfilm & Microform Reader
To view our microfilm collection, the Pearson Library has a microfilm/microform reader for patrons to utilize for $0.10 per page printed. Please see the Circulation Desk for instructions to get you started.
- Reporting Problems
Report any problems to the Circulation Desk or Help Desk.
In addition to these rules, all users are subject to campus computer use policies.